CommInsure Home & Contents Insurance
“When we believe, we can. CommBank CAN.”
CommInsure is a brand owned by the Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CommBank). Founded back in 1911 as the government bank for our young nation, CommBank remain Australia’s largest provider of financial services today.
CommBank offers a suite of helpful tools for next home and first home buyers. Their Property Guide mobile app makes it easy to search for your next home on the go with Apple and Android devices. On their YouTube channel they have a great series of videos on buying a home.
This table features CommInsure home insurance products currently on the market based on home and contents insurance for under $550,000 of cover for building and contents, for people located in NSW or ACT and aged less than 50 years old. The table is sorted by star rating (highest to lowest).
How CommInsure/CommBank supports the community
- Community grants: CommBank gives more than $2 million in grants each year through its Commonwealth Bank Staff Community Fund. Worthy causes include 2015 grant winner Starz Dance, who used the money to hold a dance recital for their special needs children’s class.
- Children’s health: CommBank helps kids in hospital forget they’re sick by sponsoring the Clown Doctors.
- Financial education: Since 2007, CommBank have been running Start Smart educational workshops for kids and youth to learn how to manage money. Their Dollarmites Club started in 1928 and is one of the oldest and most well-known school banking programs for under 12s in Australia. The Dollarmites website has educational games for learning about money, while their Beanstalk website teaches parents how to help their kids save money.
- Australian of the Year: CommBank has been sponsoring the Australian of the Year since the 1970s.
How CommInsure/CommBank protects the environment
- Winner, CDP ASX 200 Climate Leadership Awards 2014, and NSW government’s 10-year Sustainability Achievement Award 2012.
- Emissions reductions are exceeding targets against 2009 levels, as of 2015.
- Corporate kitchens at HQ use sustainably sourced produce from own vege and herb patch and from local farmers.
CANSTAR is an information provider and in giving you product information CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation about a particular insurance product. If you decided to apply for a home insurance, you will deal directly with an insurance provider, and not with CANSTAR. Rates and product information should be confirmed with the relevant insurance provider. For more information, read our detailed disclosure, important notes and additional information.
The inclusions mentioned represent a selection of what is covered at the time of writing. Additional terms and conditions may apply to different features. Additional fees may apply to the product. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current options and inclusions for the product you are considering.