“Get your super moving.”
What Kinetic Super offers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
Kinetic Super Funds
- 8 managed funds available.
- Unlimited free investment switches.
- Life insurance, TPD insurance, and income protection insurance available within super.
- Online access to account details.
- Financial advice available.
How to join Kinetic Super
You can sign up for a Kinetic Super fund online and Kinetic Super says it takes less than 10 minutes.
Keep our tips in mind for how to choose a super fund, and always read the product disclosure statement (PDS) before you sign up for any superannuation product.
Remember to consider consolidating all of your super savings into one account. Find out how to find your lost super and how to consolidate your super. Before consolidating, check what insurances you have with each fund. Moving super from one fund to another could mean you lose some insurances, some of which you might not have known about but could really find handy if something were to happen to you.
Finally, tell your employer that you’ve joined Kinetic Super. Your employer will give you a choice of super fund form that you will need to sign and return to them.
How do the fees on Kinetic Super compare to other funds?
The table above shows the total fee cost to have a Kinetic Super account per year. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database.
Does Kinetic Super offer an ethical investment option?
At the time of writing (February 2017), Kinetic Super does not offer an ethical investment option. However, they do consider the environmental, social, and governance (ESG) sustainability framework used when appointing fund managers.
How can I track the growth of my Kinetic Super account?
Members can track and manage the growth of their super account online using Kinetic Super Member Online Services, or using the Kinetic Super mobile app for Apple or Android devices. Members can also find out the current balance of their super account in their annual statement.
What should I check on my Kinetic Super statement?
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees
- Insurance still adequate
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
When can I access my Kinetic Super?
You can access your super at age 65, but it could be earlier at what’s known as your preservation age, which can be from 55 years up to 60 years depending on what year you were born. To access your super, typically you need to have permanently decided to stop working, or have left an employer after turning 60. Earlier access to your super is possible in certain circumstances, such as:
- If your home is being repossessed
- Cases of severe financial hardship
- On compassionate grounds if you or your dependant is diagnosed with a terminal illness needing palliative care, or if you are temporarily or permanently unable to work or need to work less hours due to a physical or mental medical condition, or if you are disabled and need to modify your home or car to meet your needs, or if you need help to pay for the funeral expenses of a dependant
- If your super balance is less than $200
Can I get the Age Pension as well as Kinetic Super?
You may be able to receive a full or part-pension from Centrelink depending on your level of assets (including super and account-based pension balance) and income (including from any account-based pension you may have and how much income your super is assumed to be able to pay you).Find out how the Age Pension works and how much you can receive in super before your pension is affected.
About Kinetic Super
Kinetic Super was founded in 1992 as an industry super fund for recruitment professionals. In 2006, they established Professional Associations Superannuation and other funds joined them (RecruitmentSuper, Accountants Super, Australian Enterprise Super, and SMARTpension).
In 2013, Professional Associations Superannuation was relaunched as Kinetic Super, to symbolise the “on the move” lifestyle of its members.
As an industry fund run to benefit members, Kinetic Super now serves around 275,000 members. Kinetic Super members get discounts on financial advice with Shadforth Financial Group (Shadforth), and job hunting help from Jobs Australia and Disability Employment Australia.
Kinetic’s series of educational videos about super make it clear that there are no dumb questions.
As an industry super fund, Kinetic Super supports the community by providing ongoing support to the peak bodies and associations for the industries from which Kinetic sprung: recruitment, job hunting, taxation, accounting, and small business. In particular, Kinetic supports Jobs Australia and Disability Employment Australia, the peak bodies in Australia that help unemployed people find and keep a job.