Compare Christian Super
If you’re considering Christian Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $50K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Christian Super accounts
Christian Super offer superannuation solutions to three main groups – members, employers, and pensioners. A corporate fund is typically arranged by an employer for their employees to use, a personal fund can be a more flexible option, and pension payments convert your super into regular income payments.
There are a lot of benefits coming from being a member of a Christian Superfund, including:
- Ethical investment strategy applied to all super investment options
- Range of investment options
- Competitive fees
- All profits used for the benefit of members
- Free general advice about superannuation and retirement
- Insurance available at wholesale rates, with a range of insurance options available
- Online account access
Eligibility to apply for Christian Super
Christian Super is a non-denominational organisation, and you don’t have to be a Christian in order to join.
To apply to join Christian Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450 before tax per month from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450 before tax per month, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to apply for a Christian Super account
If you’ve satisfied the above criteria, you are eligible to apply for a super fund. The first step in applying for a Christian Super Account is choosing the type of membership that best suits you. Ask yourself the following questions:
- “Am I still working, and not yet ready to retire?” – Join as a super member
- “Am I about to retire or have already retired?” – Join as a pension member
- “Am I contributing for employees?” – Join as an employer
Once you’ve made a decision, you can either sign up online, or give them a call on 1300 360 907 (open Mon-Fri).
Christian Super FAQs
Yes, Christian Super have a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can access statements of your savings, download superfund information, view your account balance, and more. Access the online portal here.
100% of Christian Super’s investment options use ethical investment strategies. You can learn more about ethical investment for super here.
The money in your super account will be invested by Christian Super in your choice of a range of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and investment options.
It is important to take into account investment timeframes, and your personal tolerance for market fluctuations when choosing an investment option. The returns from your investment directly impact how quickly or slowly your super grows.
Christian Super offer a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds. It’s important to check with your old funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover. If you have any questions or concerns, give Christian Super a call on 1300 360 907.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees
- Insurance still adequate
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Since its founding in 1984, Christian Super has been combining responsible financial and Biblical principles with ethical investment opportunities that reflect their strong Christian focus. 100% of their super accounts use ethical investment. You can learn more about ethical investment for super here.
At the time of writing, Christian Super has more than 25,000 members. It is a non-denominational organisation, and you don’t have to be a Christian in order to join. You can check Christian Super’s specific statement of faith on their website.
As an industry super fund, Christian Super is a profit-for-members super fund that exists to give its members more competitive products. Their goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members who are as dedicated to ethical investments as they are, and who want to help benefit our community, our environment, and the world.
Christian Super have partnered with Focus on the Family to produce a number of handy resources to help assist families with financial burdens, consumerism, and unsustainable debt. Members have the opportunity through their online portal to download sermons, podcasts, and other study materials – and some of their Money Matter materials are even available for the general public.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.