Compare AustSafe Super
If you’re considering superannuation with AustSafe Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by star ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of AustSafe Super accounts
AustSafe Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to AustSafe Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Not-for-profit (all profits returned to, or for the benefit of, members)
- Access to local Regional Managers to provide super advice and assistance
- Competitive investment performance
- No establishment fees and low administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
Eligibility to join AustSafe Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with AustSafe Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join AustSafe Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join AustSafe Super. You can sign up for an AustSafe Super account by clicking on their products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then signing up online on their website, or calling them on 1300 131 293 (open Mon-Fri).
AustSafe Super FAQs
Yes, AustSafe Super has a dedicated online portal for their super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information, and more. Access the portal here.
The money in your AustSafe Super account is invested by your super fund. They offer a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector, and direct investment options.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into your account investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
Yes, AustSafe Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give AustSafe Super a call on 1300 131 293.
Be sure to check these 9 things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Founded in 1988, AustSafe Super are an industry super fund dedicated to rural and regional Australian workers. AustSafe Super are a not-for-profit super fund that exists for the benefit of members.
AustSafe Super makes a positive contribution to their local communities by financially supporting agricultural industry partners including Agforce, Canegrowers, Growcom, Australian Bananas, Australia Cotton, and AugVeg to name a few.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.