Medibank Health Insurance
“For better health.”
Compare Medibank Health Insurance
Here’s a snapshot of Medibank’s hospital only health cover for a single male in NSW with results sorted by estimated monthly premium (lowest to highest) with links direct to the providers website. To compare other health insurance policies, please click here.
About Medibank: Why choose Medibank
Medibank was founded in 1976, and in 2016 they celebrate their 40th birthday as a health insurer. Medibank has won the coveted CANSTAR Award for Outstanding Value Health Insurance every year from 2008 – 2016.
Medibank members receive some great benefits:
- Mobile Apps: Medibank members can use the Medibank Mobile App to make claims and find a healthcare provider near them, Symptom Checker to find possible causes for their symptoms, and Energy Balancer to track their daily eating and exercise decisions and get easy-to-understand advice.
- Better Health: Health information guides to help you eat healthy, get active, and maintain your well-being. At the time of writing, Medibank members collect 10,000 flybuys points when they reach 10,000 steps in one day with a linked Fitbit device, and collect triple flybuys points when they buy fresh fruit and veges and frozen veges at Coles supermarkets.
- Mi Health: Mi Health support services include 24/7 Medibank nurse helpline for medical advice (call 1800 Mi Health or 1800 644 325), mobile health apps to keep you on track, and the Online Health Hub for online coaching programs.
- Magazine: Delicious, healthy-eating recipes from the Stephanie Alexander Kitchen Garden Foundation, like this one for vegetable samosas for the lunchbox. Their practical tips for healthy eating include “7 things better than an afternoon sugar hit” and “7 things better than a morning coffee“.
How Medibank supports the community
- Medibank Community Fund: Established in 2010, this fund distributes 1% (approximately $3 million per year) of Medibank’s pre-tax profit to community funding grants, health research projects, and investment in Indigenous health and well-being.
- Promoting fit and active living: Medibank is a major sponsor of the Australian Open (check out the hilarious WEPLAY video highlights), the Melbourne Marathon (hear from everyday Melbournites on “Why I Run“), Little Athletics Queensland, Wave Warriors Junior Surfing Challenge, Icehouse Ice Skating Rink, and City to Surf Perth.
CANSTAR is an information provider and in giving you product information CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation about a particular insurance product. If you decided to apply for a health insurance, you will deal directly with an insurance provider, and not with CANSTAR. Rates and product information should be confirmed with the relevant insurance provider. For more information, read our detailed disclosure, important notes and additional information.
The inclusions mentioned represent a selection of what is covered at the time of writing. Additional terms and conditions may apply to different features. Additional fees may apply to the product. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current options and inclusions for the product you are considering.