Phoenix Health Fund Health Insurance
What’s on offer from Phoenix Health Fund?
Phoenix Health Fund offers hospital cover, extras cover and combined hospital and extras cover. Phoenix Health Fund says its policies can be tailored to singles, couples, families and single parent families.
At the time of writing, Phoenix Health Fund offers the following hospital policies:
- Gold Top Hospital – covers all clinical categories and covers over 550 private hospitals Australia-wide.
- Silver Plus Essentials Hospital – covers a wide range of clinical categories. Does not cover pregnancy and birth, assisted reproductive services or weight loss surgery and only covers hospital psychiatric services on a restricted basis.
- Bronze Plus Mid Hospital – intended for those who want more than just the basics but don’t need services such as pregnancy and birth, joint replacements and dialysis for kidney failure.
- Bronze Plus Starter Hospital – designed for those looking for introductory hospital cover such as young people and families.
Phoenix Health Fund also offers the following extras policies available to be combined with Phoenix Hospital cover:
- Top Extras – Phoenix Health Fund’s most comprehensive extras cover. This includes unlimited general dental as well as coverage for services such as psychology and dietetics.
- Mid Extras – covers a range of services including acupuncture, podiatry and remedial massage.
- Base Extras – covers general dental, optical, non-PBS pharmaceuticals, chiropractic and osteopathic and physiotherapy.
Phoenix Health Fund also offers one standalone extras cover:
- First Start Extras – covers general dental, optical, physiotherapy, chiropractic, acupuncture and remedial massage.
Lastly, Phoenix Health Fund offers two additional combined hospital and extras packages:
- Gold Value Combined – combines comprehensive hospital cover and a range of extras services.
- Bronze Plus YoungSavers – intended for singles and couples who don’t need full hospital cover and want a comprehensive range of extras.
Phoenix Health Fund FAQs
Before taking out a health insurance policy, you may first want to compare your options with Canstar.
If you decide to take out Phoenix Health Fund Health Insurance, you can get a quote online or over the phone.
Phoenix Health Fund has an Online Members Services portal where members can log on and access their policy information. Phoenix Health Fund also has a Mobile Claiming App through which members can make claims on all extras. This is available for download through the Google Play and Apple Store.
Phoenix Health Fund’s Top, Mid and Base Extras include cover for general dental. Its Top and Mid Extras also include cover for major dental, endodontics and orthodontics. Additionally, all of Phoenix Health Fund’s hospital policies offer cover for dental surgery.
Once you’ve received medical treatment or made a purchase covered by your policy, the next step is to make a claim.
There are several ways you can lodge a claim with Phoenix Health Fund:
- On-the-spot: You can use your Phoenix Health Fund member card to claim on the spot through the provider’s HICAPS or CSC HealthPoint terminal.
- Mobile app: You can make a claim by downloading the Phoenix Health Fund mobile claiming app, taking a photo of your receipts and submitting the claim through the app.
- Claim form: Print and complete the claim form and then email, fax or mail it to Phoenix Health Fund.
At the time of writing, Phoenix Health Fund does not offer Overseas Student Health Cover (OSHC). If you are an international student coming to Australia on a study visa, you can compare OSHC policies available in Australia with Canstar:
At the time of writing, Phoenix Health Fund does not offer Working Visa Health Cover (OVHC). However, if you’re on an overseas visa and are from a country with a reciprocal healthcare agreement, you could be eligible for one of Phoenix Health Fund’s policies.
Compare OVHC policies on Canstar’s website: