Mildura Health Fund Health Insurance
Compare Mildura Health Fund health insurance
Here’s a snapshot of Mildura Health Fund’s health insurance current Hospital only health cover for a single, 30-year-old male living in NSW. The results are sorted by monthly premium (lowest to highest).
To compare other health insurance policies, please click here.
Mildura Health Fund health insurance FAQs
Choosing a health insurance policy can be a difficult task. Below, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about health insurance from Mildura Health Fund.
You can sign up for Mildura Health Fund by comparing health insurance on our health insurance comparison pages and getting a quote on their website.
If you need help applying, Mildura Health Fund offers a number of contact options. You can either give them a call on (03) 5023 0269 (open Mon-Fri) and talk to a customer service representative, or send them an email at email@example.com
Be sure to compare health insurance policies on the Canstar website before signing up:
Yes. Mildura Health Fund encourages members to manage their policy online. However, they will still send printed copies of policy documents, tax statements, and other communications at your request.
Mildura Health Fund extras policies include a dental benefit as standard. The level of cover you need will depend on the complexity and cost of the dental procedures you would like to have covered.
Once you’ve received medical treatment or made a purchase covered by your policy, the next step is to make a claim. There are several ways you can lodge a claim with Mildura Health Fund:
- On-the-spot: Around 20,000 Australian specialist providers have the HICAPS electronic claim system – just make sure you remember to bring your Mildura Health Fund membership card to process the claim immediately.
- Mobile app: Make claims using the Mildura Health Fund mobile app (available for Apple or Android devices). Simply take a photo of your receipt using your smartphone and submit the claim for a benefit (requires internet connection via mobile data or WiFi).
- Online: Log into your Mildura Health Fund account to make your claim online. Simply enter the details found on your receipt, and have your BSB and bank account number ready for immediate transfer of your benefit from Mildura Health Fund into your bank account.
- In person: You can visit the Fund office in person if you want your claim to be paid to you in cash or if you need them to issue a cheque for unpaid invoices:
79 Deakin Avenue
Mildura VIC 3500
- By Post: You can fill out a claim form, attach your invoice and receipt from the specialist provider, and post this paperwork to:
Mildura Health Fund
PO Box 5046
Mildura VIC 3502
Mildura Health Fund will then make the payment, either by bank transfer or by sending you a cheque.
At the time of writing, Mildura Health Fund does not provide overseas student health cover (OSHC) for international students visiting Australia on a student visa. You can compare OSHC policies available in Australia on the Canstar website:
Way back in 1926, Mildura Health Fund became the first health insurer of its nature in Victoria, where members paid either 3 pence (for a single) or 6 pence (for a family) to get free care in a public ward at the hospital.
The first official Fund office was in a small room located in the old Mildura District Hospital, but has since moved.
In 1989, Mildura Health Fund became the first fund in Australia to enter into a 100% hospital contract arrangement, with the Mildura Private Hospital.
Today, Mildura Health Fund serve more than 30,000 members and remains a not-for-profit, member-owned fund.