HCF Health Insurance
HCF is a provider of health insurance, life insurance, travel insurance, and pet insurance.
“Your health comes first.” (HCF)
Compare HCF Health Insurance
Here’s a snapshot of HCF health insurance current Hospital and Extras health cover for a single, 30-year-old male living in NSW. The results are sorted by star rating (highest to lowest) with links direct to the providers’ websites.
To compare other health insurance policies, please click here.
Health Insurance FAQs
Choosing a health insurance policy can be a difficult task. Below, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about HCF health insurance.
You can sign up for HCF health insurance by comparing health insurance on our health insurance comparison pages and applying on their website. You can also switch to HCF at any HCF branch across Australia, or call HCF on 13 13 34 (open 7 days).
Be sure to compare health insurance policies on our website first:
Yes. You can manage your HCF health insurance policy and receive policy documents online or using the HCF mobile app (available on Apple’s App Store or Google Play for Android).
In fact, it’s not only recommended, but also encouraged that clients manage their HCF policy online. If you are after a printed copy, simply drop into one of their branches; otherwise, they will send you policy documents, tax statements, and other communications electronically.
HCF also offers other handy health apps including the online health and wellbeing app My Health Guardian, a DIY eye test screening tool, Quit Smoking app, Get Fitter app for exercise plan and fitness goals, and the mental and emotional health app Be Happier.
Yes. Your health insurance does not cover you overseas. If you are travelling overseas, you need travel insurance. HCF also offers travel insurance, and you can compare their travel policies on the Canstar website.
And vice versa – travel insurance only covers you while you are away from home on a trip. While you are in Australia, you need health insurance if you want to be covered for private healthcare costs. Find out more about the difference between health insurance and travel insurance here.
You can compare travel insurance on the Canstar website:
Yes. HCF offers dental cover as standard in their extras policies. The level of cover you need will depend on the complexity and cost of the dental procedures you would like to have covered.
Once you’ve received medical treatment or made a purchase covered by your policy, the next step is to make a claim. There are several ways you can lodge a claim with HCF:
- On-the-spot: Around 20,000 Australian specialist providers have the HICAPS electronic claim system – just make sure you remember to bring your HCF membership card to process the claim immediately.
- Mobile App: Make claims using the HCF mobile app. Simply take a photo of your receipt using your smartphone and submit the claim for a benefit (requires connection via mobile data or WiFi).
- Online: This is available for selected extras benefits only. Log into your HCF Member Services area to make your claim online. You will need to enter the details requested, and then post the original receipt to HCF to complete your claim:
GPO Box 4242
Sydney NSW 2001
- At a branch: Present your membership card and original receipts to make a claim in person.
- By post: You can fill out a claim form, attach your receipt from the specialist provider, and post the paperwork to:
GPO Box 4242
Sydney NSW 2001
For more help to make a claim, call HCF on 13 13 34. HCF will then make the payment directly to your nominated bank account if your claim is approved.
At the time of writing, HCF does not provide overseas student health cover (OSHC) for international students visiting Australia on a student visa. You can compare OSHC policies available in Australia on the Canstar website:
HCF Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) is a comprehensive health insurance option designed for visitors to Australia with a right to work (Working Visa Health Cover). Their policy is fully compliant with the necessary visa conditions. It also meets the minimum requirements for health insurance for 457 visa applicants as set by the Department of Immigration.
You can compare HCF working visa health cover with other providers using the Canstar website:
Established in 1932, HCF is a non-for-profit health fund committed to re-investing premiums back into products and services that benefit its members.
HCF won the coveted Canstar Award for Outstanding Value Health Insurance in 2016, 2014, 2013, 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2009.
HCF members receive some great benefits, including:
- Free heart checks: The Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute performs free heart checks at HCF branches across Australia.
- HCF Dental Centres: Available across Australia, even in regional areas.
- HCF Eye Care Centres: Available across Australia.
- At home care: 10% discount on in-home care services in metropolitan Sydney.
- Gym: 10% discount on selected Fitness First gym memberships.
- GP2U: 15% discount on GP2U online consultations with a GP.
- Mobile apps to help your health: My Health Guardian app (online health and wellbeing program), Eyecare app (screening tools to help you assess your vision), Health Agenda app (information to inspire healthier life choices), Quit Smoking app, Get Fitter app, Be Happier app (improve mental and emotional wellbeing).
- Pet insurance: 10% discount on HCF pet insurance at the time of writing.
- Travel insurance: 10% discount on HCF travel insurance at the time of writing.
The HCF Research Foundation, founded in 2000, supports the community by striving for constant improvement of health services across Australia. HCF also supports the National Breast Cancer Foundation and Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute.
HCF is also committed to the environmental sustainability of its activities through its health fund, Dental Centres, and Eye Care Centres. This includes managing waste disposal carefully, minimising water and energy consumption, and more measures.
To see HCF’s most recent ad campaign, visit their YouTube channel.
Source: HCF Australia
Mid Hospital Cover
Hospital Cover Winner
Mid Hospital CoverView 2016 Health Insurance Star Rating Winners