HCF Health Insurance
HCF is a provider of health insurance, life insurance, travel insurance, and pet insurance.
Compare HCF Health Insurance
If you’re comparing health insurance policies, the table below displays a snapshot of HCF health insurance current Hospital and Extras health cover on Canstar’s database for a single, 30-year-old male living in NSW. The results are sorted by star rating (highest to lowest) and then product name (A-Z). Use Canstar’s health insurance comparison selector to view a wide range of policies.
Health Insurance FAQs
Choosing a health insurance policy can be a difficult task. Below, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about HCF health insurance.
You can sign up for HCF health insurance by first comparing health insurance with Canstar, then applying via the HCF website.
Before applying be sure to read the eligibility criteria carefully, and consider the product disclosure statement to ensure the cover suits your needs.
You can manage your HCF health insurance policy and receive policy documents online or using the HCF mobile app (available on Apple’s App Store or Google Play for Android).
HCF says it app also allows members to find their nearest health provider.
Your health insurance does not cover you overseas. If you are travelling overseas, you need travel insurance. HCF also offers travel insurance, and you can compare their travel policies with Canstar.
And vice versa – travel insurance only covers you while you are away from home on a trip. While you are in Australia, you would need to consider health insurance if you want to be covered for private healthcare costs.
HCF offers a level of dental cover as standard through its extras policies. The level of cover you need will depend on the complexity and cost of the dental procedures you would like to have covered.
Once you’ve received medical treatment or made a purchase covered by your policy, the next step is to make a claim. There are several ways you can lodge a claim with HCF:
- On-the-spot: Around 20,000 Australian specialist providers have the HICAPS electronic claim system – just make sure you remember to bring your HCF membership card to process the claim immediately.
- Mobile App: Make claims using the HCF mobile app. HCF says you would need to take a photo of your receipt using your smartphone and submit the claim for a benefit (requires connection via mobile data or WiFi).
- Online: This is available for selected extras benefits only, HCF says. Log into your HCF Member Services area to make your claim online. You will need to enter the details requested, and then post the original receipt to HCF to complete your claim:
- At a branch: Present your membership card and original receipts to make a claim in person.
- By post: You can fill out a claim form, attach your receipt from the specialist provider, and post the paperwork to:
GPO Box 4242
Sydney NSW 2001
For more help to make a claim, call HCF on 13 13 34. HCF will then make the payment directly to your nominated bank account if your claim is approved.
At the time of writing, HCF does not provide overseas student health cover (OSHC) for international students visiting Australia on a student visa, although it says it does provide cover to eligible visitors from overseas in some other situations. You can compare OSHC policies available in Australia on the Canstar website:
HCF Overseas Visitors Health Cover (OVHC) is a health insurance option designed for visitors to Australia with a right to work (Working Visa Health Cover).
You can compare HCF working visa health cover with other providers using the Canstar website: