CDH Benefit Health Insurance
Compare CDH Benefit Fund Health Insurance
Here’s a snapshot of CDH Benefit Fund current Hospital and Extras health cover for a single, 30-year-old male living in NSW. The results are sorted by star rating (highest to lowest) with links direct to the providers’ websites.
To compare other health insurance policies, please click here.
CDH Benefit Fund Health Insurance FAQs
Choosing a health insurance policy can be a difficult task. Below, we answer some of the most frequently asked questions about CDH Benefit Fund health insurance.
You can sign up for CDH Benefit Fund health insurance by comparing health insurance on our health insurance comparison pages. You can then apply by calling CDH Benefit Fund on (02) 4990 1385 (open Mon-Fri), or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org You can also apply by downloading the membership application form and mailing it to them:
CDH Benefit Fund
PO Box 183
Cessnock NSW 2325
Yes. You can manage your CDH Benefit Fund health insurance policy online, using their mobile app available for iPhone or Android device, or you can have your policy documents emailed to you. If this is not convenient, you can still opt to have your policy documents mailed or faxed to you.
Yes. Your health insurance does not cover you overseas. If you are travelling overseas, you need travel insurance. CDH Benefit Fund does not offer travel insurance. You can compare travel policies on the Canstar website.
And vice versa – travel insurance only covers you while you are away from home on a trip. While you are in Australia, you need health insurance if you want to be covered for private healthcare costs. Find out more about the difference between health insurance and travel insurance here.
You can compare travel insurance on the Canstar website:
CDH Benefit Fund extras cover policies include a dental benefit as standard. The level of cover you need will depend on the complexity and cost of the dental procedures you would like to have covered.
Once you’ve received medical treatment or made a purchase covered by your policy, the next step is to make a claim. There are several ways you can lodge a claim with CDH Benefit Fund:
- On-the-spot: Around 20,000 Australian specialist providers have the HICAPS electronic claim system – just make sure you remember to bring your CDH Benefit Fund health insurance membership card to process the claim immediately.
- Mobile app: Make claims using the Bupa mobile app (available for iPhone and Android devices). This will require the app to connect to the internet via mobile data or WiFi.
- Online: Log into your CDH Benefit Fund account to make your claim online. Simply enter the details found on your receipt, and have your BSB and bank account number ready for immediate transfer of your benefit from CDH Benefit Fund into your bank account.
- By Post: You can download and fill out a claim form, attach your invoice and receipt from the specialist provider, and post this paperwork to:
Cessnock District Health Benefit Fund Ltd
PO Box 183
Cessnock NSW 2325
- Over the phone:If you have any questions or need help filling out your claim form, call CDH Benefit Fund to get your claim processed over the phone: (02) 4990 1385 (open Mon-Fri).
CDH Benefit Fund will then make the payment by bank transfer or by sending you a cheque; or by a cash payment at the office if the combined payment does not exceed $100.
Cessnock District Health Benefit Fund Ltd, also known as CDH Benefit Fund or CDHBF, has been providing health cover to members since 1952.
The Fund was established as a result of the coal mining industry seeking an affordable coverage for its members. The fund continues to provide coverage for the industry as well as the wider community.
CDH Benefit Fund Hospital and Extras Cover
Smart Cover (Young Singles)View the 2016 Health Insurance Star Rating Report