Health Partners Health Insurance
What’s on offer from Health Partners?
Health Partners offers hospital cover, extras cover, and combined hospital and extras cover. Its policies can be tailored to singles, couples, families and single parents.
Health Partners offers the following hospital policies:
- Basic Hospital Plus – unlimited emergency ambulance and cover for procedures including dental surgery and joint reconstruction, for single and couple memberships
- Bronze Hospital Plus – provides cover for unlimited emergency ambulance and a range of common procedures from clinical categories including brain and nervous system, ear, nose, and threat, gynaecology, and hernia/appendix
- Silver Hospital – adds cover for heart and vascular system, back, neck, and spine, dental surgery, and more
- Silver Hospital Plus – adds cover for joint replacements and more
- Gold Hospital – provides cover for all clinical categories
Health Partners also offers the following extras policies:
- Base Extras – provides cover for optical, a dental check-up, physio, chiro, pharmacy, emergency ambulance and more, for single and couple memberships
- Good Extras – adds cover for general and major dental, remedial massage, psychology and more
- Better Extras – adds cover for orthodontic dental, wellness, aids/appliances, and more
- Best Extras – their most comprehensive extras cover with more back
Health Partners FAQs
Before taking out a health insurance policy, you may first want to compare your options with Canstar.
If you decide to take out health insurance with Health Partners, you can join online or over the phone.
Yes, Health Partners encourages members to manage their policy online, where you can make a claim and check your cover details 24/7. Unless you specifically ask for a printed copy, Health Partners will send you policy documents and other communications by email or through their online portal.
Dental is covered under all Health Partners Extras policies, and includes 100% back on a proper dental check-up including x-rays and clean. Dental surgery is included on all Extras, and Major Dental is included on all Extras excluding Base Extras. The level of cover you need will depend on the complexity and cost of the dental procedures you would like to have covered.
Once you’ve received medical treatment or made a purchase covered by your policy, the next step is to make a claim. There are several ways you can lodge a claim with Health Partners:
- On-the-spot: Around 20,000 Australian specialist providers have the HICAPS electronic claim system – just make sure you remember to bring your Health Partners membership card to process the claim on the same day of service.
- Mobile app: Make claims using the Health Partners mobile app (available for Apple and Android devices) by taking a photo of your receipt and submitting the claim for a benefit (requires internet connection via mobile data or WiFi).
- Online: Log into your Health Partners Members Online account section to make your claim online. Enter the details found on your receipt, and have your BSB and bank account number ready for transfer of your benefit from Health Partners into your bank account.
- By post: You can download and fill out a claim form, attach your invoice and receipt from the specialist provider, and post this paperwork to: Health Partners Claims Assessor, Reply Paid 1493, Adelaide SA 5001
- In person: Visit a Health Partners front counter and submit a claim from along with your itemised invoice and receipt
If the claim is approved, Health Partners will then make the payment, either by direct deposit or cheque.
At the time of writing, Health Partners does not offer Working Visa Health Cover (OVHC), as their cover is designed for people who have full Medicare eligibility. However, if you’re on an overseas visa and are from a country with a reciprocal healthcare agreement, you could be eligible for one of Health Partner’s policies.
Find out more by comparing working visa policies on our website:
Founded in 1937, Health Partners officially opened as the South Australian Public Service Association Hospital Benefit Fund, with its core business providing hospital cover to members of the SA Public Service Association and their families.
Since then, Health Partners says it has grown to become South Australia’s largest open (public offer) not-for-profit health fund. Today, it says it has a membership totaling almost 40,000, covering more than 80,000 people.
Health Partners has won the Canstar Award for Most Satisfied Customers in Health Insurance in 2019 and 2020.
Health Partners also owns and operates four optical centres and three dental practices, and provides a preferred network of over 50 participating pharmacies and 55 physiotherapy partners.