Bank of the Year – Agribusiness 2021

Bank of the Year - Agribusiness 2021

Alongside Canstar’s suite of Star Ratings for business-oriented banking products, Canstar’s Agribusiness Award is awarded to the institution that provides a strong combination of these products, as well as excelling in a range of areas important to Australian agribusiness customers.

To be eligible for inclusion, institutions must offer farm managed deposits, business transaction accounts, business savings accounts, business credit cards and business loans. Canstar has assessed and rated 8 providers and named its Bank of the Year – Agribusiness 2021 Award winner. 

Canstar Research assessed and scored each provider’s products and institutional offerings. Providers’ products accounted for 60% of their score and the other factors made up the remaining 40%.

Eligible agribusiness providers were rated based on a combination of:

  • Their business finance offerings (e.g. loans and other credit products)
  • Their business deposit product offerings (term deposits, as well as savings and transaction accounts)
  • Additional products they may offer businesses, including investment options, insurance solutions, and international banking
  • The accessibility and comprehensiveness of their customer service and support facilities, including the disaster relief packages available to agribusiness clients
  • Their range of information and education resources
  • Their online banking services

 

Released May 2021

2021 Bank of the Year – Agribusiness

Westpac

Numbers crunched by Canstar Researchers

Institution_icon1
8
providers assessed
Winner Canstar Icon
1
Award winner

What made Westpac the standout provider?

Westpac has been awarded Bank of the Year – Agribusiness by Canstar in 2021. This Award recognises the value proposition that Westpac provides to their agribusiness customers through highly competitive lending and everyday banking products, as well as the provision of industry-specific banking facilities and services provided to agribusinesses to enable them to meet their financial objectives.

Complementing Westpac’s strong showing in Canstar’s Business Star Ratings such as Business Loans and Business Credit Cards, Westpac provides a range of seasonal and equipment finance options, as well as access to key benchmarking tools to support their agribusiness customers. Westpac also maintains a strong regional presence through their branches, agribusiness centres and a large network of relationship managers and agribusiness specialists that are available to provide additional support to their customers when they need it.

Image source: Iakov Filimonov/Shutterstock.com

About Star Ratings

Canstar's Star Ratings are unique. We evaluate literally thousands of products from hundreds of financial institutions. Our expert researchers analyse every product by comparing price and features to determine what represents value.