The USA is a popular destination for couple-visitors to the Canstar site, judging by the number of visitors searching for travel insurance to that country. And after some quick online surveying, here are some top reasons we’ve found for why couples enjoy travelling to the USA:
- A kid-friendly culture
- The Grand Canyon
- The golden beaches of Hawaii
- The Caribbean
- The Empire State Building and other NYC landmarks
Almost as many visitors to our site as above are couples wanting travel insurance to visit the UK.
Here are the top 5 reasons we’ve found for why couples enjoy travelling to the UK:
- Ancient castles where the legends of Camelot were born
- Universities of Cambridge and Oxford
- Westminster Abbey, Big Ben, red buses
- Soho, London
- The Lake District
Oh, and we’re going to cheat and add a 6th reason: London has more green space than any other major city on earth. Pack a picnic lunch and take your honey to the park!
France is also a popular destination for Aussie couples heading overseas (with insurance).
Here are some of the top reasons we’ve found for why couples enjoy travelling to France:
- The Eiffel Tower
- Paris, “the city of love”
- Ancient cathedrals and châteaux – among the best-maintained in the world
- Fine wine tours
- Normandy D-Day memorials
4. New Zealand
Interestingly, while the Australian Bureau of Statistics advises that New Zealand receives more Aussie visitors per year than any other single country, it ranks only fourth on our list in terms of the number of people looking for travel insurance.
Presuming that you’re heading there for a holiday rather than work, some top reasons we’ve found for why couples enjoy travelling to New Zealand:
- Extremely friendly people and a fascinating Maori culture
- Glacier trekking like Milford Sound
- Share a beach with penguins and seals
- Epic landscapes, wild views: for fans, take a tour of scenery from The Lord of the Rings (Mount Doom is a real volcano), The Hobbit tour (the green door!), or even Avatar (blue people not included)
- Extreme sports including bungee jumping, white water rafting, cave diving, skydiving
Bonus – unlike in Australia, there are no poisonous snakes or spiders waiting to interrupt the romance for you in New Zealand.