CommSec’s winning investment strategy
CommSec has scored a 5-star rating in both the Share Investor profile and Managed Fund Investor profile this year, with an impressive suite of both loan and service features.
It is the market leader in terms of advisor and direct client services, with comprehensive market analysis and commentary. The trading platform is clean and intuitive and reflects CommSec’s investment in technology.
CommSec offers an impressive 1,816 managed funds – well above the market average.
About CommSec and Commonwealth Bank
The Commonwealth Bank of Australia (CommBank) was founded in 1911 as the government bank for our young nation, and they are still Australia’s largest provider of financial services.
CommBank established CommSec brokerage services in 1995, and they subsequently launched an online share trading website in 1997. CommSec Advisory provides full-service stockbroking and investment advice, and the CommSec app allows you to trade on Apple or Android devices.
CommSec’s YouTube channel is jam-packed with regular market updates and investment commentary. Those who are relatively new to investing will benefit greatly from watching their “Mentor In A Minute” series of short videos.
How Commonwealth Bank supports the community
- Children’s health: CommBank sponsors the Clown Doctors to help kids in hospital forget they’re sick.
- Community grants: More than $2 million in grants are distributed every year. Watch the story of how a grant helped Starz Dance hold a special recital for their special needs children’s class.
- Financial education: CommBank has been running Start Smart educational workshops for kids and youth since 2007. They offer a wide range of banking solutions for kids, teens, students, and young adults. Their Dollarmites Club, which started in 1928, is one of the oldest and most well-known school banking programs for under 12s. They also have a specific website dedicated for their Youthsaver customers, including educational games for learning about money matters.
- Charitable giving: Commonwealth Bank Staff Community Fund was formed in 1917.
- Sponsorship: Sponsoring the Australian of the Year since the 1970s.
- Human rights: CommBank requires all of its suppliers to comply with the UN’s Guiding Principles for protecting human rights.
- Sports: Sponsoring Australian cricket at local and national club levels.
How Commonwealth Bank supports the environment
- CommBank won three CDP ASX 200 Climate Leadership Awards in 2014: Largest relative carbon reduction; CDP Climate Performance Leader 2014; and Best climate disclosure.
- CommBank won the NSW government’s 10-year Sustainability Achievement Award in 2012.
- Exceeded 2015 targets in emissions reductions against 2009 levels.
- CommBank corporate kitchens use sustainably sourced produce from their own vege and herb patch and from local farmers.