Gateway Bank Savings Accounts
What savings accounts does Gateway Bank offer?
At the time of writing, Gateway Bank offers the following savings accounts:
- eMax Saver – online savings account that pays a higher interest rate if you have a higher account balance.
- Kids Dollaroo Account – savings account for kids who are up to 16-years-old.
- Funeral Saver Account – designed to help you pay for funeral expenses. Funds can only be accessed for funeral-related purposes and seven days written notice is required if you want to withdraw the money for other purposes. A minimum monthly deposit of $25 is required and a higher interest rate will be paid if the account balance is $200 or more.
- Christmas Club Account – designed to help you save for Christmas expenses. Restricted access to funds between 1 November and 31 January.
You can view the current interest rates on some of Gateway Bank’s savings accounts in Canstar’s comparison tables.
Do Gateway Bank savings accounts require a linked transaction account?
Gateway Bank does not specify if its savings accounts require a linked transaction account. For more information, contact Gateway Bank.
If you are looking to compare transaction accounts, you can use Canstar’s comparison tables to potentially find one that suits your requirements.
Does Gateway Bank charge fees on its savings accounts?
Savings accounts can come with several fees, such as monthly account-keeping fees, transaction fees, withdrawal fees and more. At the time of writing, Gateway Bank says its savings accounts come with no account keeping fees. Read Gateway Bank’s Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for further information on any potential fees and charges.
What does Gateway Bank offer in terms of mobile banking for savings accounts?
Gateway Bank says its Gateway 2go app allows you to bank on the go. The app is available through the Apple and Google Play stores. Features include:
- Unique app PIN or Touch ID login
- Account overview
- Transfer between accounts
- Access to a range of calculators
How do I apply for a Gateway Bank savings account?
Before applying for a Gateway Bank savings account, consider comparing it against other savings accounts on the market to ensure it’s the right one for you.
If you choose to open a Gateway Bank savings account, you’ll need to become a member of the Bank. When you become a member, Gateway Bank says it will deduct a $2 share subscription from your first deposit.
About Gateway Bank
Established over 60 years ago, Gateway Bank says it now has over 30,000 members across Australia, over $1 billion worth of assets and over 60 employees. Gateway Bank has its head office in Sydney.