“Australia – proudly supported by Westpac.”
Westpac’s winning investment strategy
Westpac’s Online Investment Loan, new to market, is this year’s leader on price, at time of writing offering 5.45% as a variable rate and for variable rate and fixed terms, paid in advance, starting at 4.70%. This competitive price has seen Westpac achieve a 5-star rating for both the Share Investor profile and Managed Fund Investor profile.
Westpac offers fewer shares and managed funds than the industry average, but for price-conscious investors it is certainly a product to add to the shortlist.
Westpac was Australia’s first bank, and its first company. Established in 1817 as the Bank of New South Wales, Westpac now serves around 13 million customers.
Westpac is one of the big four Australian banks and they own a number of other banking brands including St. George, Bank of Melbourne, BankSA, and RAMS.
Their online investing platform allows you to trade on the go with your phone, tablet, or desktop.
How Westpac supports the community
- Community focus areas: Westpac directly supports disaster relief for businesses and communities, addressing financial and educational disadvantage in Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, and microfinance for marginalised small business people.
- Supporting community organisations: Westpac provides financial solutions for Not-For-Profit businesses and long-term group community partnerships.
- Westpac Foundation: This foundation funds innovative social enterprises that are making a difference in the world.
- Charitable giving: Westpac also has an employee volunteering scheme and a workplace giving program.
How Westpac supports the environment
- Tackling climate change in 5 key ways, including reducing water consumption to meet the targets in the UN CEO Water Mandate, and restoring Australia’s unique biodiversity.
- Reduced greenhouse gas emissions by 40% since 1996.
- Participates in several external initiatives to help improve the environmental performance of their business, such as the UN Global Compact and UNEPFI.