What do we mean by “DIY Landlords”?
DIY Landlords are property investors who don’t want to go through a real estate agency to manage their rental properties. DIY Landlords need to be able to list their property where lots of people can see it, find tenants, organise the rental lease, – all on their own.
DIY Landlord solutions make this task easier. Some solutions provide a place to list properties and a method for staying in touch with tenants, while others will even chase up rent payments for you and keep records of rental income and expenses for tax purposes.
Types of solutions available
Some examples of solutions available for DIY Landlords are as follows.
buyMyplace enables vendors to sell privately, with the benefit of real estate agent services but without paying the usual agent’s commission.
- Vendors automatically receive a listing on realestate.com.au, domain.com.au, and other major property portals.
- Can arrange additional services such as auctioneers, professional negotiation and expert advice.
- Offers four packages priced from $650 to $1,295.
According to buyMyplace, almost 3,000 Australian vendors have sold their property via this service.
Real Estate Investar
Powerful, easy-to-use tools to help you find, analyse, research, and track your investment property.
- Provides real-time portfolio tracking and detailed suburb analysis.
- Portfolio Builder’s online functionality eliminates the need for paper and data entry.
- Automated bank reconciliation and tax and cashflow forecasting.
Real Estate Investar is aimed at the property investor who wants everything in one place to simplify property investing.
Rent.com.au is a service for renters, DIY landlords, and real estate agents.
- Helps renters find rental properties across Australia. Search the latest listings to find houses for rent, apartments for rent, and units for rent.
- Landlords can list their property for free and obtain rental services.
- Provides leads to registered real estate agents.
Focusing exclusively on the rental market for Australia’s growing number of renters, rent.com.au delivers a single marketplace for renters, agents and landlords.
RentingSmart is an easy-to-use, online landlord platform that lets landlords find tenants, manage properties, and collate their reporting needs.
- Provides a rental schedule and payments dashboard.
- Landlord software provides tenant communication filing, and templates for forms and document.
- Provides expense tracking with automated invoices and receipts.
RentingSmart helps landlords stay in control of their administration and keeps your tenants accountable throughout the lease.