This year, for the first time, Canstar has researched and rated 11 providers of comprehensive motorcycle insurance in Australia. Canstar is pleased to congratulate NRMA for achieving a state award for outstanding value motorcycle insurance in the biggest state: NSW.
NRMA is a provider of motorcycle insurance, car insurance, CTP insurance, home insurance, holiday rental insurance, travel insurance, life insurance, income protection insurance, funeral insurance, and business insurance.
State Winner of Canstar Award
NRMA has achieved this year’s state award for Outstanding Value Motorcycle Insurance in NSW.
Policy Options: What NRMA motorcycle insurance covers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
Comprehensive – Motorcycle and Scooter
- Liability cover for damage to other people’s vehicles and property up to $20 million.
- Accidental damage to your motorcycle caused by collision or crash, vandalism and malicious acts, earthquake, tsunami, storm, flood, explosion or fire, up to either the agreed value or market value.
- Theft or attempted theft of your motorcycle.
- New-for-old replacement if your motorcycle is stolen or written off within its first 2 years.
- Tools of trade are covered up to $1,500 for business use motorcycles.
- Emergency repairs up to $800.
- Hire motorcycle after theft or attempted theft for up to $65/day for up to 21 days.
Policy Benefits: Why choose NRMA
- Loyalty: NRMA provides loyalty discounts the longer you stay with them.
- Online quotes: Get a quote online in minutes, and save $25on your premium (at the time of writing).
- Claims process: NRMA has a 24/7 phone helpline for claims.
- Premium cost-reducing measures: You can specify an age restriction on drivers to reduce your premium.
- Additional drivers: Policy is still valid if the driver in the accident is not a nominated driver listed on the policy. Additional excess applies to drivers who are aged under 25 or have less than 2 years’ driving experience.
NRMA Insurance was established in 1925 by the National Roads and Motorists’ Association, in order to provide motorcycle insurance to members in NSW and the ACT. In 1995, they added Queensland to the mix as well.
How NRMA supports the community
- Child motorcycle safety: NRMA data shows that more than 350 Australian children are killed every year (and 60,000 hospitalised) because of avoidable injuries in a motorcycle. Register with NRMA to receive your free child restraint safety check.
- Research about road safety: The NRMA Insurance Research Centre tests what happens to different parts of a motorcycle when you have a crash, so that motorcycle manufacturers can improve their design for your safety.
- Community grants program: Since 2003, NRMA has been supporting 150 Australian community organisations every year to make their communities safer and stronger.
- Broncos: NRMA Insurance sponsors everyone’s favourite men in red – the Brisbane Broncos.
- SES: Major corporate supporter of the NSW State Emergency Service (SES).