^Terms and conditions apply.
Make Christmas a little sweeter this year and enter now for your chance to win $2,000^ with Canstar. Entries close 23 December at 11:59pm AEST.
SCHEDULE TO CANSTAR PROMOTION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promotion name: Canstar “Merry Cashmas 2020” Giveaway
This Promotion Schedule is incorporated into and forms part of Canstar’s “General Terms and Conditions of Promotions”, available at http://www.canstar.com.au/terms-of-use/. The General Terms and Conditions apply to the Promotion subject of this Promotion Schedule. To the extent of any conflict between this Promotion Schedule and the General Terms and Conditions, this Promotion Schedule will prevail.
|1||Promoter||Canstar Pty Limited ABN 21 053 646 165, Level 21, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000, Australia. Tel: 07 3837 4100|
|2||Promotion Period||This Promotion commences at 10:00am AEST on Monday 16 November 2020 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 23 December 2020.|
|3||How to enter||Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
To enter the Promotion, Entrants must complete the competition entry form by:
1. Providing or updating their name and email address;
2. Subscribing to Canstar’s weekly budgeting and savings e-newsletter.
|4||Inclusions or exclusions||As per the General Terms and Conditions.|
|5||Details of Prize and value||The draw will be in relation to one (1) $2,000 AUD cash prize (called a “Prize”).
The Prize will be transferred to the winner’s validly nominated Australian bank account. The winning Entrant will be required to notify Canstar within five business days, via reply email, of their:
● acceptance of the Prize,
● full name,
● contact phone number,
● postal address,
● proof of age,
● Australian bank account details,
● approval for Canstar to announce their name as the Prize winner on the website www.canstar.com.au, Facebook competition post and on relevant publications.
|6||Draw date, time and location||The Prize winner will be selected from a list of eligible entrants by Canstar in its absolute discretion. The selection will take place during business hours on Thursday 24 December 2020 at Level 22, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000, using computerised random selection.
The Prize Winner will be notified by email no later than 5pm on Thursday 24 December 2020. The Prize Winner must claim their Prize within five (5) business days of being notified by the Promoter.
Should the Prize Winner not claim their Prize within five (5) business days of being notified, the Promoter may, at its discretion, re-determine a new Winner by a random computerised draw which will take place during business hours on the sixth business day at Level 22, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000.
|7||Permit details||Electronic Drawing System Approval Number 1473 in South Australia.|
|8||Additional Conditions||● Clause 31 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: The Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or Facebook private message by no later than 5pm on Thursday 24 December 2020.
● Clause 32 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “Results of this Promotion will be published on the Promoter’s website at www.canstar.com.au/2020-cashmas competition/ within 1 business day of Canstar receiving confirmation of the prize winner accepting the prize.
● The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting a prize.
● The Promoter and its associated companies may use entrants’ names and submission contents for any commercial purpose, including future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, for an unlimited period without remuneration.
● Nothing in this Schedule or the General Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Canstar (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.