Website use and content
Version: 15 March 2016
CANSTAR Pty Limited ABN 21 053 646 165 Authorised Representative No. 443019 (‘CANSTAR’, ‘we’ and ‘us’) may from time to time change the contents of this website (including these legal notices) without notice. Your use of the website means that you accept these terms and conditions. If you do not accept these terms and conditions you should immediately cease using the website.
The information provided in this website is a guide only and may not be complete for your purposes. CANSTAR does not warrant the accuracy of any information on this website and recommends that you confirm it with third party product providers before acting on it. In most cases, rates indicated are available to new customers only or may include special rates available for a limited time.
Although great care has been taken to ensure the reliability of any statements of opinion or general ratings information provided by CANSTAR, CANSTAR gives no warranty in relation to statements and information contained in the website and subject to the following paragraph, disclaims all liability to the fullest extent possible arising from any persons acting on the information and statements contained therein. CANSTAR assumes no responsibility or obligation to provide updates on any published statement or report.
Nothing in these terms and conditions shall be construed to exclude, restrict or modify any guarantee applicable to a consumer that may apply under the Australian Consumer Law contained in Schedule 2 of the Competition and Consumer Act 2010 (Cth) (‘Consumer Guarantee’). Where a Consumer Guarantee is not able to be excluded, CANSTAR’s liability shall be limited at its sole discretion, to supplying the service again, or payment of the costs of having the service supplied again. Subject to the foregoing, CANSTAR shall have no liability to any user of its website or the information on it, for any reason.
Copyright & Links
This website is owned by CANSTAR and subject to copyright. This website may also contain third party supplied material that is subject to copyright. CANSTAR takes no responsibility for the use of information provided on this website. Except as permitted by the Copyright Act 1968, you may not reproduce, transmit, disseminate, sell, or publish information on this website without prior written permission from CANSTAR, provided that you may use the information for your private or internal purposes. Reference to any products, services or other information, by trade name, trademark or otherwise does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of them by CANSTAR, and does not constitute or imply endorsement, sponsorship or recommendation of CANSTAR by the respective trademark owner. Rates are for information purposes only and must be confirmed with the company quoted. This website may contain links to other websites. Such links do not constitute an endorsement or recommendation of any material on those linked websites or any third party products and services offered by, from or through those sites. Please refer to CANSTAR Pty Limited’s Financial Services Guide and Credit Guide for more information.
General Advice Warning
To the extent that any CANSTAR data, ratings or commentary constitutes general advice, this advice has been prepared by CANSTAR Research Pty Ltd ABN 29 114 422 909 AFSL 437917 (‘CANSTAR Research’) and does not take into account your individual investment objectives, financial circumstances or needs. Information provided on and available from this site does not constitute financial, taxation or other professional advice and should not be relied upon as such. CANSTAR Research recommends that, before you make any financial decision, you seek professional advice from a suitably qualified adviser. Any reference by CANSTAR Research to the past performance of a financial institution or service provider is not necessarily indicative of future performance. A Product Disclosure Statement relating to the product should also be obtained and considered before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. Please refer to CANSTAR Research’s Financial Services Guide and Credit Guide for more information.
Our policy in relation to legal threats and demands made against CANSTAR can be found on our legal threats policy page.
Canstar’s website allows users to click on a range of content to be to be transferred to a third party’s website or landing page (‘Third Party Provider’), where you may find more information, complete an application form or request contact from the Third Party Provider about its products and services (‘Canstar Referral Service’).
If you do not accept these terms and conditions you must immediately stop use of the Canstar Referral Service and not take any further action in relation to that Third Party Provider, which might include progressing to the making an application and/or completing an online form in relation to a financial product.
If you choose to use the Canstar Referral Service, you agree with CANSTAR that:
- we are referring you to the Third Party Provider for further information about the financial product or service;
- we may ask you to provide some information in a form before you are referred to the Third Party Provider. If you choose to provide that information, it will be dealt with in accordance with these terms and conditions;
- by clicking an action button (for example ‘Get Quote’, ‘Proceed’, ‘Request a Callback’), by proceeding to obtain a firm quote or by completing and submitting an application, in all cases you consent to us providing your personal information and other details in the online form to the Third Party Provider for the purpose of the Third Party Provider providing you with more information about a particular financial product or service;
- if you telephone a number shown on the form, you will be telephoning and speaking to employees or agents of the Third Party Provider and not CANSTAR;
- the Third Party Provider is not our employee, contractor or agent, and we will have no liability to you in relation your dealings with the Third Party Provider including any advice or recommendations it may make;
- the Third Party Provider is a financial product provider, selling its own financial product products and services;
- you will make all arrangements in relation to services you require from the Third Party Provider and you will be responsible for all fees and charges (if any) payable in relation to any product or service you acquire from the Third Party Provider;
- we make no recommendation to you about the skills, expertise or suitability of the Third Party Provider for your purposes. You should consider seeking advice from a qualified financial adviser prior to proceeding;
- a Product Disclosure Statement relating to the product you are interested in should be obtained and considered before making any decision about whether to acquire the product. Refer to the Third Party Provider’s Financial Services Guide or Credit Guide.
- we may contact you to seek your response to a survey in relation to your dealings with the Third Party Provider;
- we (or one of our related companies) may receive a commission or other payment in relation to the referral. For more information see How We Get Paid;
- “We” and “us” means CANSTAR Pty Limited A.C.N. 053 646 165