What do we mean by “Portfolio Management”?
Self-directed investors often have money spread across numerous asset classes and among different institutions. Collating the paperwork required for tax reporting as well as the analytics required to gain good insights into overall investment performance and net wealth can be challenging. Portfolio management tools help to make this process easier.
Types of solutions available
Some examples of solutions available for out-sourcing the management of your portfolio are as follows.
BigFuture is designed to help both the beginner and the expert understand their total wealth position, become more financially literate, and plan their financial future. It offers three modules:
- Wealth Tracker enables investors to track their wealth by net worth, total investments, asset class, and security. Provides automatic updates for bank accounts, super funds, and share portfolios.
- Education materials distil complex issues down into easy-to-understand concepts using animations and written explanations.
- Retirement Planner offers financial tools to provide powerful and easy-to-use simulations.
BigFuture describes itself as as a digital mentor.
Invest in listed securities (including floats and IPOs), discount managed funds, superannuation, and allocated pensions with InvestSMART.
- Provides free share market research and investment ideas.
- Tools to keep track of your investments.
- Investment recommendations for self-directed investors.
InvestSMART’s founding principle is to provide Australian retail investors with low cost access to quality financial information and products.
The Stocklight app provides self-directed investors with the information they need – from stock prices, to company announcements and research updates – easily collated, at their fingertips.
- Provides a comprehensive overview of Australian stocks.
- News Feed groups all the news for stocks on your watchlist in one place.
- Quantitative analysis using easy-to-understand visuals.
Stocklight is a native mobile app available for iPhone, iPad and Android devices that keeps investors up-to-date automatically, sending data straight to their phone or tablet.