Bendigo Bank Car Loans
Compare Bendigo Bank car loans
Bendigo Bank does not offer dedicated car loans, but the table below displays a snapshot of Bankwest‘s personal loan products which can be used to buy a car on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a loan amount of $20,000 for a five-year loan in NSW.
What car loan(s) does Bendigo Bank offer?
At the time of writing, Bendigo Bank does not offer a dedicated car loan product. However, they do offer both secured and unsecured personal loan products which you may be able to use for the same purpose.
Bendigo Bank’s secured personal loan offers the following features:
- A fixed interest rate to ensure your repayments stay the same size
- Flexible loan term – choose from a term between one and seven years
- Choose how often you want to make repayments – weekly, fortnightly, or monthly
- Free online redraw
Is your car eligible for a secured loan with Bendigo Bank?
To be eligible for the aforementioned secured personal loan with Bendigo Bank, your application will be subject to its normal lending criteria. Generally, the vehicle you want to use as security for your secured personal loan might need to be:
- For personal use
- Less than seven years old
- A new or used vehicle
Check the PDS (product disclosure statement) for Bendigo Bank’s personal loan criteria.
Bendigo Bank personal loans and rates
The table below displays a snapshot of Bendigo Bank’s personal loan products on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a loan amount of $20,000 for a three-year loan in NSW.
Bendigo Bank FAQs
Applying for a Bendigo Bank personal loan is straightforward; you can do it online after visiting Canstar’s comparison tables. When applying for a personal loan with Bendigo Bank (or most providers in Australia for that matter), you generally need to meet the following criteria:
- The car or motorcycle must be for personal use
- You must be 18 or over
- You must be a permanent Australian resident or valid work visa holder
- Currently employed with a stable income
- Have a solid credit rating and not be bankrupt
In addition, you may also have to meet the minimum loan amounts specified by the provider (see above). If done online, the application process can take as little as 10 minutes, provided you have everything on hand. You may need to provide documents and ID such as:
- A current driver’s license
- Details of your current and previous (if applicable) employer
- Details of your income, assets, expenses and liabilities
- Previous tax returns if you are self-employed
You may also require your current account number for Bendigo Bank if you’re an existing member.
Bendigo Bank was founded in 1858 and now has more than 150 years of experience in providing home loans. Today they serve around 1.5 million customers around Australia.
Bendigo Bank in Victoria and Adelaide Bank in South Australia both began as building societies striving to help Australians buy their own home. Together these two banks operate the following brands:
- Bendigo Bank
- Adelaide Bank
- Sandhurst Trustees
- Rural Bank
- Delphi Bank
- Community Sector Banking
- Homesafe Solutions
Bendigo Bank recently created the Communities crowdfunding platform so that customers and staff could gain support and fundraise for a group or project.
So far Bendigo Bank has poured $148 million back into the community through:
- Community partnerships including Oxfam Australia, the RSPCA, the Royal Children’s Hospital (RCH), Emergency Services, and more
- Community campaigns and programs
- Fundraising and grants
- Community banking
- Not-for-profit banking