“Your world, your way.”
We congratulate ANZ on their Commercially Secured Term Loan and Residentially Secured Term Loan products, which have both received CANSTAR’s 5-star rating in 2016 for Business Loans in our Term Loans profile.
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
Resources on offer for small business owners
The ANZ Business website includes international and domestic industry insights, a networking community for business owners, and successful case studies of businesses expanding internationally. You can connect with an ANZ Business Manager or an ANZ Small Business Specialist.
The ANZ Small Business Hub provides a networking community for business owners on LinkedIn, as well as business tools and checklists on the Hub website. In 2015, ANZ pledged to lend $2 billion in loans to new small businesses, and the Hub website features the success stories of some of their entrepreneurial borrowers.
ANZ also offers Merchant Services including payment apps, EFTPOS terminals, and e-commerce solutions. They even offer Medicare Easyclaim for businesses in the health industry to quickly and easily process Medicare claim rebates.
Features of Commercially Secured Term Loan
Key features of this business loan product, at time of writing, are:
- Loan Purpose: Available for any business or commercial purpose
- Loan Type: Principal and Interest, or Interest Only for 5 years
- Maximum Loan Term: 30 years
- Loan Amount: Minimum $10,000 – Maximum $99.9 million
- Repayment Options: Daily, weekly, fortnightly, monthly, quarterly, semi-annually, or annually
Additional repayments allowed
Repayments may be made via internet, lump sum, ATM, or phone
- Facilities Available:
Redraw facility available for minimum $5,000 up to unlimited maximum
100% offset account available to be linked to loan
Split option available
Switch variable/fixed interest rate available
- Portable Mortgage: Portable loan, with balloon payments at end of term
- Security Options: Commercial property
- Availability: This product is currently available across Australia
Rates and Fees
Key rates and fees that apply to this business loan product, at time of writing, are:
- Advertised Rate: 37% variable rate. Rate varies according to LVR.
- Redraw Withdrawal Fee: $125
- Portability Transfer Security Fee: Nil
ANZ has a long history, founded in 1835 in London and Sydney as the Bank of Australasia and moving into Melbourne in 1838. As one of the Big 4 Banks in Australia, ANZ is the largest banking group in the Pacific and New Zealand region, and is ranked among the top 50 banks in the world. Their brands include ANZ Investments, ANZ Securities, OnePath, UDC Finance, and Bonus Bonds.
One benefit for businesses that hold an ANZ business credit card is that ANZ provides free unauthorised transactions insurance for cardholders.
Customers can track their superannuation, investments, and life insurance policies, on their smartphone or tablet with ANZ’s Grow mobile app for Apple devices.
ANZ’s recent #equalfuture campaign for equal superannuation and pay for women is absolutely brilliant. In the Behind the Scenes, the child actors discuss their thoughts on the gender pay gap and why women should have as much super as men.
How ANZ supports the community
- GIVE program: give stands for ANZ’s activities in Giving, Investing, Volunteering, and Emergency Relief.
- Money and budgeting self-help course: To help Australians learn better money skills, ANZ created the free, online MoneyMinded education course, used by 360,000 people in 2015 alone. It really works – 7 out of 10 people who completed MoneyMinded said they felt less stressed about their financial future.
- Community grants: ANZ also funds worthy causes through three types of community grants.
How ANZ protects the environment
- ANZ focusses on responsible business lending, climate change prevention, sustainable sourcing, and educating their overseas corporate customers and partners about sustainable business practices.
- Sustainability highlights in 2015 included reducing greenhouse gas emissions by 8%, using 81% renewable energy to transition to a lower carbon economy (exceeding a target of 79%), reducing paper usage by 14%, and recycling 60% of waste.
- They encouraged employees to adopt flexible working practices to cut down on long commutes to work – and 87% took them up on it.
Please note that CANSTAR is an information provider and in giving you product information CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation about a particular credit product. If you decided to apply for a loan, you will deal directly with a financial institution, and not with CANSTAR. Rates and product information should be confirmed with the relevant financial institution. For more information, read our detailed disclosure, important notes and additional information.