AAMI Travel Insurance | Compare Travel Insurance | CANSTAR
“Lucky you’re with AAMI.”
Policy Options: What AAMI travel insurance covers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered at time of writing. Additional conditions may apply to different features. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
- Personal liability: Covers up to $5 million.
- Overseas hospital: Unlimited cover.
- Overseas dental: Unlimited cover.
- Medical evacuation/repatriation: Unlimited cover.
- Travel delay or interruption: Covers unlimited reasonable costs of interruption or delay.
- Cancellation fee: Covers unlimited reasonable costs of cancellation. Sublimit of $1,000 for travel agent cancellation fee (single policy).
- Resumption of travel: Unlimited cover where journey is interrupted by medical condition.
- Luggage/baggage and personal effects: Covers up to $6,000 (single policy) or $12,000 (multi-person). Sublimits apply for different types of personal items, e.g. covers up to $3,000 for laptops. New-for-old replacement.
- Rental vehicle excess: Covers up to $2,000, plus $500 for return of hire car (single policy)
- Accidental death: Covers up to $10,000.
- 24-hour helpline.
Founded in 1969, AAMI is one of Australia’s oldest and largest personal insurance providers, protecting the lives of 2.5 million Australians.
At their founding, AAMI pledged to provide a real person to answer every quote or claims phone call, and they still do today. Their customer service team is available 24/7 with no push-button menus or voice recordings. AAMI proudly advertises that they regularly receive customer satisfaction ratings of 90% for their call centre.
The slogan “Lucky you’re with AAMI” was first introduced in 1985 – over 30 years ago! The original “AAMI Girl” was the Swedish model Carin Sinfors, who first appeared in an ad on TV for AAMI way back in 1979.
How AAMI supports the community
- SES: Long-standing partner of the Victoria State Emergency Service (SES) since 2002. AAMI has contributed over $4.5 million towards equipment and tools to support their brave rescue work.
- Melbourne Cup: Sponsoring the first day of the Melbourne Cup Homenival, the AAMI Victoria Derby Day since 1991.
- A Day on the Green: Sponsoring this live music festival at wineries and parklands since 2013.
- AAMI Park and NRL: Sponsoring Melbourne’s stadium home for soccer and rugby since 2010, and NRL Referees and NSW Country Rugby League since the 2000s.
- Learn to drive: Running their Skilled Drivers course for drivers under 25 to learn safe driving techniques. Has created 85,000 safer drivers since starting in 1982.
- PARTY Program: Educated 2,500 young drivers about the devastating consequences of reckless driving since 2008 through the Prevent Alcohol and Risk Related Trauma in Youth (P.A.R.T.Y) program.
How AAMI supports the environment
- Reduced carbon footprint by 2.7%.
- Increased use of video conferences instead of interstate flights.
- Reduced use of paper and landfill.
- Only 100% Australian carbon offset paper in use.
CANSTAR is an information provider and in giving you product information CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation about a particular product. If you decided to apply for a product, you will deal directly with a financial institution, and not with CANSTAR. Costs and product information should be confirmed with the relevant financial institution. For more information, read our detailed disclosure, important notes and additional information.