This year, for the first time, Canstar has researched and rated 11 providers of comprehensive motorcycle insurance in Australia. Canstar is pleased to congratulate SGIO for achieving a state award for outstanding value motorcycle insurance in Western Australia.
SGIO is a provider of motorcycle insurance, car insurance, home insurance, travel insurance, and business insurance in Western Australia.
State Winner of Canstar Award
SGIO has achieved this year’s state award for Outstanding Value Motorcycle Insurance in WA.
Policy Options: What SGIO motorcycle insurance covers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
Comprehensive – Motorcycle and Scooter
- Liability cover for damage to other people’s vehicles and property up to $20 million.
- Accidental damage to your motorcycle caused by collision or crash, vandalism and malicious acts, earthquake, tsunami, storm, flood, explosion or fire, up to either the agreed value or market value.
- Theft or attempted theft of your motorcycle.
- New-for-old replacement if your motorcycle is stolen or written off within its first 2 years.
- Tools of trade are covered up to $1,500 for business use motorcycles.
- Emergency repairs up to $800.
- Hire motorcycle after theft or attempted theft for up to $65/day for up to 21 days.
The State Government Insurance Office (SGIO) has been providing insurance in WA since 1926 on the goldfields. They are underwritten by IAG, which has the highest credit rating (AA) of any insurer in Australia and New Zealand, and are a partner of NRMA Insurance.
How SGIO supports the community
- Child car safety: SGIO partner with Kidsafe to combat the fact that more than 350 Australian children are killed every year (and 60,000 hospitalised) because of avoidable injuries in a car.
- Research about road safety: Parent company IAG’s Research Centre tests what happens to different parts of a car when you have a crash, so that car manufacturers can improve their design for your safety.
- Community grants program: Since 2003, SGIO has been supporting 150 Australian community organisations every year to make their communities safer and stronger.
- West Coast Eagles: SGIO sponsors the West Coast Eagles footy team. They also have the Surprisingly Good Goal – for every goal scored by the West Coast Eagles and awesome goals kicked by the fans, SGIO donates money to fund community initiatives across Western Australia.
- Crime prevention: SGIO supports crime prevention organisations.
- Emergency education: SGIO runs community education programs to heal people deal with emergency situations such as fire or storm.