Qantas Car Insurance
What types of car insurance does Qantas Insurance offer?
Qantas Insurance offers comprehensive cover, third party property, fire and theft insurance, third party property, at the time of writing.
If you’re unsure about which kind of car insurance is most appropriate for you, or you’d like more information on the differences between the different levels of cover, here’s our guide to the different kinds of car insurance.
Below is further information on Qantas Insurance’s comprehensive car insurance products.
Qantas Insurance Comprehensive Car Insurance cover
The comprehensive cover provided by Qantas is the company’s highest level of car insurance cover and is designed to protect drivers for the cost of damage caused to their car, as well as to other people’s vehicles and property.
Including all of the third party policies, risks that are also covered by Qantas Insurance’s comprehensive cover (for eligible policyholders) are:
- New car replacement if your car is written off within two year or 40,000km of the original registration (whichever comes first) and will take care of your registration and CTP.
- Hire car for an accepted no-fault accident claim or f your car is stolen or damaged due to theft (time and value limits apply)
- Towing and any reasonable costs to recover, relocate, tow and store your car
- Car key/remote replacement if they stolen, not recovered and reported to the police
- Damage to a caravan or trailer you are towing at the time of a collision
- Emergency transport and accommodation if your car is damaged and unable driven
- Personal items that are damaged in a car accident or are stolen from your car
Conditions, time limits and value caps could apply, so check the Product Disclosure Statement (PDS) for details.
In addition, customers can choose to add on the following optional features at an extra cost:
- Accident Hire Car
- Reduced window glass excess
- Choice of repairer
- Roadside assistance
Qantas car insurance FAQs
How do you buy car insurance from Qantas?
First, consider comparing comprehensive car insurance policies among a range of providers with Canstar to see if you can find a product that suits your needs.
If you choose to go with Qantas Insurance, you can get a car insurance quote directly through its website or over the phone.
Does Qantas Insurance let you nominate a higher or lower excess
Yes, Qantas Insurance does let you nominate a higher or lower Basics Excess depending on the type of cover you are eligible to apply for.
Remember, generally the higher the excess, the lower the car insurance premiums will be and vice versa.
Qantas Insurance’s policy excesses include:
- Basic Excess: applies to all claims
- Additional Excesses: are on top of the Basic Excess, and apply when a person
- Is not listed as the driver on the insurance certificate
- Is under 25 years of age
- Has not held a full Australian licence for 2 or more years
Generally speaking, the Additional Excesses cannot be adjusted in exchange for a higher or lower premium.
Does Qantas Insurance let you choose between market and agreed value?
Qantas Insurance allows comprehensive cover policyholders to choose between covering their vehicle for its market value or an agreed value for most claim types. Some exclusions may apply. Check with Qantas Insurance for details.
If you’re not sure which of these options would be better for your vehicle specifically, here’s an article about market vs agreed value which could help you make your mind up.
How do you lodge a claim with Qantas Insurance?
You can lodge a claim with Qantas Insurance by contacting them over the phone or completing their online form via their website. Once the claim has been lodged, Qantas Insurance says it will review your claim and respond within in 2 business days
How do you renew your car insurance with Qantas Insurance?
Qantas Insurance will notify you at least 14 days prior to the renewal date with an invitation to renew. It says it will auto-renew if you do not contact Qantas Insurance prior to the renewal date.
Before renewing any policy, you may like to consider comparing car insurance policies, to help ensure you can continue to get the cover you need as well as value for money.
Qantas is Australia’s largest domestic and international airline. Qantas Car Insurance was launched in 2019, targeted at Qantas Frequent Flyer loyalty club members, according to Qantas media release. Qantas states that Qantas Home Insurance is underwritten and issued by Auto & General, which has been one of Australia’s leading insurers for the past 20 years and now insures more than one million Australians.