Chance to win a $200* to give back to the bank of Dad
1. In 25 words or less, provide the most valuable money tip your dad has shared with you in the entry form.
2. Subscribe to the Canstar newsletter of your choice via the entry form^
^Please note that if you have already completed the Facebook entry form, you have nothing further to do.
By filling in this entry form, you are entering into our fathers day competition and subscribing/resubscribing to our newsletter.
(If you’re already subscribed to our newsletter, you still need to fill in the entry form to be entered in the competition)
SCHEDULE TO CANSTAR PROMOTION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promotion name: Canstar 2018 ‘Give back to the bank of dad’ Competition
This Promotion Schedule is incorporated into and forms part of Canstar’s “General Terms and Conditions of Promotions”, available at www.canstar.com.au/terms-of-use. The General Terms and Conditions apply to the Promotion subject of this Promotion Schedule. To the extent of any conflict between this Promotion Schedule and the General Terms and Conditions, this Promotion Schedule will prevail.
||This Promotion commences at 3pm AEST on Monday 20th August 2018 and closes at 11.59pm AEST on Sunday 2nd September 2018.
||How to enter
||To enter the Promotion, each Entrant must:
- Tell us in 25 words or less your most valuable money tip your dad has shared with you. Entries must be submitted within the competition entry form.
- Complete the competition entry form and subscribe to one of Canstar e-newsletters
||Inclusions or exclusions
||As per the General Terms and Conditions.
||Details of Prize and value
||The winner will receive $200 cash (called a “Prize”). The Prize will be transferred by direct deposit to the Prize winner’s bank account after the Prize draw has occurred and the Prize winner has notified Canstar by email of their Australian bank account details.
The winning Entrant will be required to notify Canstar within five business days, via reply email of their:
- acceptance of the prize,
- full name,
- contact phone number,
- postal address,
- year of birth,
- the Australian bank account details for transfer of the Prize money
- approval for Canstar to announce their name as the Prize winner on the website www.canstar.com.au and on relevant publications
||Draw date, time and location
||The Prize winner will be selected from a list of eligible entrants. The judging and selection will take place on the business day of Monday 3rd September 2018 at Level 22, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000, during business hours.
The Prize winner will be notified by email and Facebook private message by no later than 6pm on Monday 3rd September 2018.
||Selection of Winner
||The winning comment will be selected based on originality, creativity and quality by the Promoter’s judge.
- This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit.
- All entries must be an independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or used to win prizes in any other competitions.
- Where an Entrant submits an entry to Canstar as part of their entry in this Promotion, the Entrant warrants that either:
- they are the owner of any intellectual or other property rights that may be associated with the entry; or
- they have been granted the right to submit the entry to Canstar by the holder(s) of these rights.
- The judge reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judge, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, or any images or language found to be potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought, as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting a prize.
- In accepting a Prize, each winner agrees that their winning entry shall become and remain the property of the Promoter and its associated companies in the Canstar Group.
- The Promoter and its associated companies may use entrants’ names and submission contents for any commercial purpose, including future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, for an unlimited period without remuneration.
- Nothing in this Schedule or the General Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Canstar (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- For the ‘Give back to the bank of dad’ Promotion:
- Clause 14 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “the judge’s decision will be in relation to one prize (“Prize”).”
- Clause 16 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “The person whose entry is 25 words or less and is judged the most original, creative, and best quality in the sole discretion of Canstar’s judge shall be the winner of the Prize.”
- Clause 26 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “Results of this Promotion will be published on the Promoter’s website at www.canstar.com.au on 3rd September 2018.
- Clause 27 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause “should the Winner not claim their prize within five business days of being notified, the Promoter may, at its discretion, re-determine a new Winner in accordance with the judging criteria , which will take place during business hours on the sixth business day (after the Winner as notified) at Level 21, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD 4000. The Promoter reserves its rights to re-draw in the event a Winner does not claim their prize within 5 business days of being notified.