Chance to win $500 Freedom Gift Card!
Chance to win $500 Freedom Gift Card*
This competition is closed. Congratulations Mark Ryan! The winning entry is:
“If you love it, get someone else to negotiate for you, as passion can pay a higher price”
After all the house-hunting, real estate discussions & home loan research, you have walked away with some invaluable advice. Now is your time to share for the chance to win!
1. In 25 words or less, tell us what your #1 piece of advice would be for a first home buyer in the entry form
2. Subscribe to the Canstar newsletter of your choice via the entry form^
^Please note that if you have already completed the Facebook entry form, you have nothing further to do.
SCHEDULE TO CANSTAR PROMOTION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promotion name: First home buyer advice
This Promotion Schedule is incorporated into and forms part of Canstar’s “General Terms and Conditions of Promotions”, available at http://www.canstar.com.au/terms-of-use/. The General Terms and Conditions apply to the Promotion subject of this Promotion Schedule. To the extent of any conflict between this Promotion Schedule and the General Terms and Conditions, this Promotion Schedule will prevail.
|1||Promotion Period||This Promotion commences at 5:00pm AEST on Wednesday 17th of October, 2018 and closes at 11:59pm AEST on Wednesday 31st of October 2018.|
|2||How to enter||To enter the Promotion, Entrants must:
|3||Inclusions or exclusions (if applicable)||As per the General Terms and Conditions|
|4||Details of Prize and value||The draw will be in relation to one single prize, a Freedom Gift Card (called a “Prize”) valued at $500 RRP. This prize has been purchased by Canstar and is in no affiliation with Freedom or The Block.
The winning Entrant will be required to notify Canstar within five business days, via reply email, of their:
|5||Draw date, time and location||The Prize Winners will be selected from a list of eligible entrants. The selection will take place during business hours on Thursday 1st of November at Level 21, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000. The Prize Winner(s) will be notified by email no later than 5pm on Friday 2nd of November, 2018.|
|6||Selection of Winner||The winning comment will be selected based on originality, creativity, practicality and quality by the Promoter’s judge.|
|7||Additional Conditions||– This is a game of skill. Chance plays no part in determining the winner. Each entry will be individually judged, based upon individual creative merit.
– All entries must be an independent creation of the entrant and free of any claims that they infringe any third party rights. Entries must not have been published previously and/or used to win prizes in any other competitions.
– Where an Entrant submits an entry to Canstar as part of their entry in this Promotion, the Entrant warrants that either:
(a) they are the owner of any intellectual or other property rights that may be associated with the entry; or
(b) they have been granted the right to submit the entry to Canstar by the holder(s) of these rights.
– The judge reserves the right to disqualify any entrant submitting an entry which, in the opinion of the judge, includes objectionable content, including but not limited to profanity, nudity, or any images or language found to be potentially insulting, scandalous, inflammatory or defamatory. The judge’s decision will be final and no correspondence will be entered into.
– Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
– The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought, as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting a prize.
– In accepting a Prize, each winner agrees that their winning entry shall become and remain the property of the Promoter and its associated companies in the Canstar Group.
– The Promoter and its associated companies may use entrants’ names and submission contents for any commercial purpose, including future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, for an unlimited period without remuneration.
– Nothing in this Schedule or the General Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Canstar (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
– For the ‘First home buyer advice’ Promotion:
▪ Clause 14 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “the judge’s decision will be in relation to one prize (“Prize”).”
Clause 16 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “The person whose entry is 25 words or less and is judged the most original, creative, practical and best quality in the sole discretion of Canstar’s judge shall be the winner of the Prize.”