What we do and don't do
Canstar is Australia’s biggest financial comparison site. We compare over 740 brands from more than 30 finance categories including banking, insurance and superannuation. Our intent is to help guide consumers to make better finance decisions.
We have been made aware of scams involving the use of our brands, Canstar and Canstar Blue. We have reported these to the relevant authorities including the police.
To help you avoid falling victim to a scammer, here is a guide to what we do – and what we don’t do.
This is what we do:
- We help you find the right finance product for you through our free comparison tool.
- We compare the price and features of products and services to determine what represents overall value, not just the cheapest option.
- We share educational articles and finance news to simplify the world of finance.
- We share our findings and expert analysis with readers who subscribe to our newsletters.
- We reply to enquiries and send emails if you’ve signed up to receive a newsletter from us. These emails will be sent from our official email address: email@example.com
This is what we don’t do:
- We don’t engage in direct sales. Our website enables you to compare your options from providers and follow a path to purchase if you choose.
- We don’t cold call. We’re an online comparison website, and while we love to receive emails from our readers, we don’t ask for your phone number and we don’t call you without your permission.
- We don’t door-knock. Canstar does not engage in door-knocking or any kind of personal sales.
- We don’t ask for your bank account details, unless you have entered and win a cash prize competition. If this happens we will notify you through our official email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
If someone makes contact with you claiming to be from Canstar or Canstar Blue, with the aim of trying to sell you something, this may be a scam. If you have concerns, do not give out any bank details or personal information. Please contact us by email to email@example.com so we can pass on details to the authorities. We also suggest you report the matter to the police in your area.Back to about Canstar