Future of Finance – Canstar Student Scholarship
About our scholarship
As Australia’s biggest financial comparison website and one of the country’s fastest growing tech companies*, Canstar actively supports the future of the finance and technology industries. That’s why we’re offering a scholarship to the university student who’s as passionate about these areas as we are.
We understand how much going to uni can demand of students – not just in dollars and cents – so the successful applicant will get a helping hand towards covering their uni costs, plus invaluable career guidance to help set them apart when the time comes to make their next career move.
To apply, complete our application form including an original essay (no longer than 1,000 words) on how emerging technology could change the finance industry of the future for Australian consumers. Applicants will also need to accept the scholarship terms and conditions.
The winning applicant will receive:
– A cash prize totalling AU$5,000 to go towards the cost of their studies
– A two-hour career, CV and interview coaching session
- August 2019: Applications open
- 1 December 2019: Applications close
- December 2019 – January 2020: Assessment and judging take place
- January 2020: Winner announced
Some tips for applicants
Our judges will be looking for applicants who:
- Demonstrate their understanding of finance in Australia
- Consider the needs of Australian consumers and their money (like we do)
- Demonstrate an understanding of at least one emerging technology and its potential impacts on consumers and their finances
- Use relevant domestic and/or international examples to support their argument
- Show creativity and an ability to write in a clear, compelling, original and engaging way
Canstar is a leading research house and Australia’s biggest financial comparison site*, comparing more brands than any other. Our purpose is to simplify the world of finance and help consumers confidently find the right product for them, whether it’s a home loan, savings account, car insurance policy, super fund or one of the many other products we research, rate and compare.
We started up in 1992 as a privately-owned financial research agency and today we are one of Australia’s fastest growing digital businesses, with 1 in 6 Aussies visiting our site each year, and 2 in 3 people recognising the Canstar logo.