Canstar Research FSG and Credit Guide
FINANCIAL SERVICES GUIDE AND CREDIT GUIDE
CANSTAR RESEARCH PTY LIMITED
Date: 14 February 2019
Canstar Research Pty Ltd ABN 29 114 422 909 Australian Financial Services Licence and Australian Credit Licence No: 437917, Level 21, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane Qld 4000.
What is a Financial Services Guide and Credit Guide?
This Financial Services Guide and Credit Guide (‘FSCG’) is an important document prepared by Canstar Research Pty Ltd (‘Canstar Research’) to assist you in determining whether you wish to use any of the financial services or products provided by Canstar Research.
This FSCG also provides information about:
- who we are;
- what services and types of financial products we are authorised to provide you;
- how we are paid;
- any potential conflict of interest we may have; and
- our internal and external dispute resolution procedures and how you access them.
What Financial Services and Credit Services does Canstar Research offer?
Canstar Research is authorised, pursuant to its Australian Financial Services Licence, to provide general financial product advice through the provision of:
- Data services – institutions, intermediaries, re-sellers& consumers;
- Data services – industry bodies, consumer bodies & regulators;
- Data related IT services – institutions and intermediaries (including RateCity);
- Financial product star ratings;
- Commissioned Research;
- Media Tables; and
Canstar Research is authorised to carry on a financial services business to provide general financial product advice for the following classes of financial products:
- deposit and payment products including:
- basic deposit products;
- deposit products other than basic deposit products;
- non-cash payment products;
- general insurance products; and
- life products limited to:
- life risk insurance products as well as any products issued by a Registered Life Insurance Company that are backed by one or more of its statutory funds;
- interests in managed investment schemes excluding investor directed portfolio services;
- standard margin lending facility; and
to retail and wholesale clients.
Canstar Research is authorised pursuant to its Australian Credit Licence, to:
Engage in credit activities other than as a credit provider by:
(i) providing a credit service where the licensee is not or will not be:
(A) where the service relates to a credit contract or proposed credit contract – the credit provider under the contract; or
(B) where the service relates to a consumer lease or proposed consumer lease – the lessor; and/or
(ii) performing the obligations or exercising the rights of a credit provider in relation to a credit contract or proposed credit contract under which the licensee is not or will not be the credit provider; and/or
(iii) performing the obligations or exercising the rights of a mortgagee in relation to a mortgage or proposed mortgage that secures or will secure obligations under a credit contract under which the licensee is not the credit
(iv) performing the obligations or exercising the rights of a beneficiary under a guarantee or proposed guarantee that guarantees obligations under a credit contract under which the licensee is not the credit provider; and/or
(v) performing the obligations or exercising the rig