Matt Preston Competition 2019 Terms and Conditions
SCHEDULE TO CANSTAR PROMOTION GENERAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Promotion name: Canstar “Matt Preston” Newsletter Competition
This Promotion Schedule is incorporated into and forms part of Canstar’s “General Terms and Conditions of Promotions”, available at http://www.canstar.com.au/terms-of-use/. The General Terms and Conditions apply to the Promotion subject of this Promotion Schedule. To the extent of any conflict between this Promotion Schedule and the General Terms and Conditions, this Promotion Schedule will prevail.
Entry is only open to Australian residents who are 18 years and over.
To enter the Promotion, Entrants must complete the competition entry form by:
- Providing or updating their name and email address;
- Subscribing to Canstar’s Budgeting and Savings e-newsletter.
Bonus entries may be obtained by Entrants:
- Referring the Promotion to friends through the Promotion landing page (5 additional entries per friend who enters the Promotion);
- Visiting the Canstar Home Loan comparison page through the Promotion landing page (10 additional entries); and
- Visiting Canstar on Facebook through the Promotion landing page (1 additional entry)
The draw will be in relation to one prize valued up to $5,000.00 depending on exact date and point of departure (called a “Prize”).
The Prize includes:
- 2x return Economy flights to Melbourne from the winner’s nearest Australian capital city for the winner and one guest;
- Twin share accommodation for 1 night in Melbourne (minimum 3-star); and
- Private dinner for the winner and their guest with Matt Preston at a restaurant determined by Canstar
- Matt Preston will be present at the dinner for the longer of one (1) hour or (1) course.
The winning Entrant will be required to notify Canstar within five business days, via reply email, of their:
- acceptance of the Prize,
- full name,
- contact phone number,
- postal address,
- proof of age,
- approval for Canstar to announce their name as the Prize winner on the website www.canstar.com.au, Facebook competition post and on relevant publications.
The Prize winner will be selected from a list of eligible entrants by Canstar in its absolute discretion. The selection will take place during business hours on Wednesday 3 July 2019 at Level 22, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000, using computerised random selection.
The Prize Winner will be notified by email no later than 5pm on Wednesday 3 July 2019. The Prize Winner must claim their Prize within five (5) business days of being notified by the Promoter.
Should the Prize Winner not claim their Prize within five (5) business days of being notified, the Promoter may, at its discretion, re-determine a new Winner by a random computerised draw which will take place during business hours on the sixth business day at Level 22, 143 Turbot Street, Brisbane, QLD, 4000.
This Promotion is authorized in NSW by Permit number LTPS/19/35063. The conditions of the permit(s) will override these conditions to the extent of any inconsistency.
- The travel itinerary will be determined by Canstar in its absolute discretion.
- Travel must be taken between 1 August 2019 and 31 August 2019, with exact dates of travel to be determined by Canstar. If the winner is unavailable or unwilling to travel on the date(s) required by Canstar, they will forfeit their right to the prize and will not be awarded cash or any other alternative in lieu.
- Prize is subject to booking and flight availability.
- The winner and his/her travel companion must depart from and return to the same departure point and travel together as a group.
- Frequent flyer points will not be awarded and do not form part of the Prize.
- Spending money, meals, taxes (excluding airline and airport taxes), insurance, items of a personal nature, transportation, in-room charges and all other ancillary costs, unless otherwise specified in the Prize description, are not included.
- Once the Prize has been booked, if for any reason the winner does not take the prize (or an element of the prize) at the time stipulated, then the prize (or that element of the prize) will be forfeited and will not be redeemable for cash.
- The winner may be required to present their credit card at check in.
- Prize is subject to the standard terms and conditions of individual prize and service providers.
- Canstar hereby expressly reserves the right to eject any winner and/or his/her companion for any inappropriate behaviour, including but not limited to intoxication, whilst participating in any element of the Prize.
- The Prize will be awarded to the person named in the entry and any entry that is made on behalf of an entrant or by a third party will be invalid. If there is a dispute as to the identity of an entrant or winner, the Promoter reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine the identity of the entrant or winner.
- Canstar reserves the right, at any time, to validate and check the authenticity of entries and the entrant’s details (including an entrant’s identity, age and place of residence). In the event that a winner cannot provide suitable proof as required by Canstar to validate their entry, the winner will forfeit the Prize in whole and no substitute will be offered.
- Canstar is not liable for any loss (including, without limitation, indirect, special or consequential loss or loss of profits), expense, damage, personal injury or death which is suffered or sustained (whether or not arising from any person’s negligence or willful misconduct) in connection with this Promotion or accepting or using any prize (or recommendation) except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law (in which case that liability is limited to the minimum allowable by law).
- Unless otherwise specified, a prize is a single event for the winner (and where relevant their guest) and cannot be separated into separate events or components.
- It is a condition of accepting the Prize that the winner and their companion for the Prize may be required to sign a legal release as determined by Canstar in its absolute discretion, prior to receiving the Prize.
- Clause 25 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: The Prize Winner will be notified by email and/or Facebook private message by no later than 5pm on Wednesday 3 July 2019
- Clause 26 of the General Terms and Conditions will be replaced by the following clause: “Results of this Promotion will be published on the Promoter’s website at https://www.canstar.com.au/matt-preston/ within 1 business day of Canstar receiving confirmation of the prize winner accepting the prize.
- Incomplete, indecipherable or illegible entries will be deemed invalid.
- The Promoter is not liable for any tax implications arising from prize winnings. Independent financial advice should be sought as tax implications may arise as a result of accepting a prize.
- The Promoter and its associated companies may use entrants’ names and submission contents for any commercial purpose, including future promotional, marketing and publicity purposes, for an unlimited period without remuneration.
- If, for any reason, any aspect of this Promotion is not capable of running as planned, including by reason of computer virus, communications network failure, bugs, tampering, unauthorised intervention, fraud, technical failure or any cause beyond the control of Canstar, Canstar may, in its sole discretion, cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Promotion and invalidate any affected entries, or suspend or modify the Prize, subject to State or Territory regulation.
- Nothing in this Schedule or the General Terms and Conditions limits, excludes or modifies or purports to limit, exclude or modify the statutory consumer guarantees as provided under the Australian Consumer Law, as well as any other implied warranties under the ASIC Act or similar consumer protection laws in the States and Territories of Australia. (“Non-Excludable Guarantees”). Except for any liability that cannot by law be excluded, including the Non-Excludable Guarantees, Canstar (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence), for any personal injury; or any loss or damage (including loss of opportunity); whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Promotion.
- Any entries that contain responses or material that is violent, obscene, illegal, inappropriate, or racially or morally offensive, will, in Canstar’s absolute discretion, be deemed invalid.