What do we mean by “Investment Ideas”?
Sometimes investors may have an idea for the next thing they want to invest in, but they need a user-friendly and time-efficient way to examine their options, explore opportunities, and gather information before diving in.
There are several software and online solutions available to help investors conceptualise and visualise a future investment without immediately investing large sums of money in it.
Types of solutions available
There are many solutions available for trying out your investment ideas. Some examples of solutions are provided below.
This one does involve committing some money – but the amount can be as small as you choose. Acorns is about investing small amounts of money regularly and learning that you can do this without affecting your lifestyle.
- Monitors the spending on the debit cards or credit cards you link.
- It is the digital equivalent of a coin jar.
- Rounds up the purchase amount to nearest dollar and invests balance.
Acorns allows new investors, who previously wouldn’t have been able to start investing because they do not have large amounts saved, to begin investing.
Listcorp is a free website designed to facilitate discovery, understanding and communication between investors and listed companies.
- Enables investors to easily connect to the news on any company listed on the ASX.
- Investors can categorise and save the information that’s important to them via the My Research tool.
- Investment Profile pages present information in the same 9 categories for every company, with links to the source of all information.
Listcorp’s aim is to provide Investors with all the information they need to learn everything they need to know about the businesses of listed companies.
Livewire brings together leading financial companies and commentators on a single platform where they can share insights and discuss what’s happening in the markets.
- A social media platform for investors and market professionals.
- Gives self-directed investors access to the stock ideas, research and investment strategies from fund managers, stockbrokers, and independent research providers.
- Members receive unique access to some high quality insights.
Livewire caters to the confident investor with information related directly to the current investment environment.
OnMarket Bookbuilds gives all investors access to ASX IPOs and placements via exchange-hosted capital raising platform, ASX BookBuild.
- Provides free access to offers and ability to invest directly in IPOs from your phone.
- Get instant notifications about new and upcoming opportunities.
- Provides access to third-party research and interviews.
OnMarket Book builds aims to democratise access to capital raisings via technology.
SelfWealth is an investment solution that enables investors to compare their portfolio to that of their peers, professionals and the market.
- Provides industry reporting and analytics so you can create your own portfolio and follow the portfolios of up to 10 other like-minded investors.
- Low fee share trading with a 21-day free trial.
- Enables investors to import data about their existing portfolio from their Broker and/or enter information about their existing portfolio manually.
SelfWealth aims to help investors improve their investment performance by accessing the collective intelligence of the SelfWealth community.
Simply Wall St
Simply Wall St provides a unique visualisation tool to help users make more informed financial decisions.
- More than 10,000 simple infographics per day to visualise complex stock market data.
- App utilises data from S&P Capital IQ.
- Helps self-directed investors to make long-term investment decisions based on non-emotional fundamentals.
The platform analyses over 15,000 stocks from the USA, UK, and Australia every 6 hours, and presents the results in easy-to-understand infographics.
Wise-owl offers high-quality and independent investment advice primarily designed for the ‘DIY’ investor.
- Easy-to-read and actionable stock recommendations.
- Subscribers have access to a variety of model portfolios, each based on different strategies.
- Each subscriber is assigned a dedicated advisor who can be contacted Monday to Friday via phone, email or live chat during office hours.
Wise-owl is specialised in small and mid-capitalisation companies but also offers advice on ASX200 blue-chip companies, Initial Public Offerings (‘IPOs’) and International Equities.
You can compare Investment Ideas solution options via WealthBricks, here.