QBE Travel Insurance
Information correct at 27/01/16.
“We’re committed to protecting what’s important to you.”
Policy Options: What QBE travel insurance covers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. Canstar is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
- Personal liability: Covers up to $3 million depending on destination.
- Overseas hospital: Unlimited cover.
- Overseas dental: Unlimited cover.
- Medical evacuation/repatriation: Unlimited cover.
- Travel delay: Up to $1,500.
- Cancellation fee: Unlimited cover.
- Resumption of travel: Covers up to $2,500 depending on destination (single policy).
- Missed connection: Covers up to $2,500 depending on destination (single policy).
- Luggage/baggage and personal effects: Covers up to $15,000. Sublimits apply for different types of personal items, e.g. covers up to $6,000 for laptops.
- Rental vehicle excess: Covers from $2,000 up to $5,000 depending on destination.
- Accidental death: Covers up to $25,000 depending on destination (single policy).
- 24-hour helpline.
- Personal liability: Covers up to $300,000.
- Travel delay: Covers up to $500 (single policy).
- Cancellation fee: Covers up to $7,500 (Basics) or $10,000 (Plus and Cruising).
- Luggage/baggage and personal effects: Covers up to $1,500 (Basics), $3,000 (Cruising), or $4,000 (Plus). Sublimits apply for different types of personal items, e.g. covers up to $1,000 for laptops.
- Rental vehicle excess: Covers up to $3,000; plus $750 for return of hire vehicle.
- Accidental death: Covers up to $5,000 (Basics) or $10,000 (Plus and Cruising).
- 24-hour helpline.
Annual Multi-Trip Policy
- Designed for frequent travellers.
- Comprehensive cover for 12 months, for trips up to 60 days long.
- Covers international and domestic travel.
Cancellation and Expenses Only Policy
- Covers non-refundable cancellation up to set limits.
- Covers additional travel, accommodation, and meals, up to set limits.
- Only available for travel in Australia and New Zealand.
QBE Group was started in 1886 as the North Queensland Insurance Company Ltd (QI), by two young Scotsmen who were partners in a shipping business. QBE has now been in operation for 127 years and is present in 38 countries, 35 of which they entered in their first 5 years of business.
The QBE Insurance Group is one of the world’s top 20 general insurance and reinsurance companies, and employs more than 17,000 people in 38 countries.
How QBE supports the community
- QBE Foundation: QBE Foundation directly supports charities to help people overcome disadvantage and live independently, such as Guide Dogs Australia, Camp Quality, and The Big Issue.
- Charitable giving and time: Employees receive one day a year to volunteer for the cause of their choice. QBE’s workplace giving program also allows employees to contribute to the causes they are passionate about.
- Reconciliation Action Plan: Committed to promoting sustainable opportunities for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities, organisations and businesses.
- Sporting sponsorships: Sponsoring Sydney Swans (AFL), Sydney Roosters (NRL), Perth Glory (A-League), Subiaco Football Club (WAFL), and NSW Swifts (Netball) at the time of writing.
How QBE supports the environment
- Endangered species: QBE has sponsored Taronga Conservation Society Australia since 2005, supporting their two zoos, environmental advocacy campaigns, and other conservation projects.