Compare Prime Super
If you’re considering superannuation with Prime Super, check out what’s available for those aged 30-39 years old, based on a super balance of $55K to $100K. Results are sorted by Star Ratings (high to low). To compare other super funds, visit the Canstar super fund comparison pages.
Types of Prime Super accounts
Prime Super offers three retirement-related products to choose from:
- Corporate super arranged by an employer for their employees to use
- Personal super available for individual employees
- Account-based pension converts superannuation into regular income payments for retirees and workers in the transition to retirement (TTR) stage
There are a lot of benefits available to Prime Super members who have a personal super account, including:
- Competitive investment performance
- Flexible investment options
- Low cost and transparent administration fees
- Insurance in super available for death cover (life insurance), and total and permanent disability (TPD) cover
- Over-the-phone financial advice available
- Easy online account access
- Not-for-profit industry super fund
Eligibility to join Prime Super
To sign up for a superannuation account with Prime Super, you must be able to satisfy the following criteria:
- You must be an Australian resident
- You must be over 18 years of age
- You must be earning at least $450/month before tax from an employer
If you are under the age of 18, but earning more than $450/month before tax, you must be working more than 30 hours per week to qualify for super.
How to join Prime Super
If you satisfy all of the above eligibility criteria, then you can apply to join Prime Super. You can sign up for a Prime Super account by clicking on its products in Canstar’s superannuation comparison tables and then sign up online on its website, or call 1800 675 839 (available Monday to Friday between 8 am and 8 pm AEST).
Prime Super FAQs
Yes, Prime Super has a dedicated online portal for its super fund members. You can view your account balance online, access statements for your account, download super fund information and more. Access the online portal here.
The money in your Prime Super account is invested by your super fund. It offers a variety of investment options including pre-mixed, sector and direct investment options, which ensures the money goes back into your industry.
When choosing an investment option, it is important to take into account your investment timeframes and goals, and your personal risk tolerance for market fluctuations. Learn more about how to choose between different investment options on the Canstar website.
The table at the top of this article shows the total fee cost per year to have a super account with Prime Super. Compare these fees to the average super fund fees on our database, as it’s important not to let your super be eaten away by fees before you retire.
Yes, Prime Super offers a consolidation service for members who have super in other funds.
It’s important to check with your old super funds for information regarding costs such as exit fees and insurance cover you may lose if you switch super funds. If you have any questions or concerns about the rollover process, give Prime Super a call on 1800 675 839.
Be sure to check these nine things on your superannuation statement:
- Personal details are up-to-date
- Nominated beneficiaries are up-to-date
- Tax File Number (TFN) is recorded
- Super contributions from employer and/or your voluntary contributions are correct
- Investment asset class choices are appropriate for your life stage
- Amount paid in fees for the year is not too high
- Insurance in super is still adequate coverage for your needs
- Super is consolidated, after checking whether there is insurance or any other benefits attached to the account you may lose and you’re comfortable to do so
- The big picture – are you happy with your super fund overall?
Established over 20 years ago, Prime Super was traditionally made for employees, spouses and family members in rural Australia. While it still serves that demographic, it is now an open super fund, which means people outside regional Australia can still enjoy the great member benefits.
As an industry super fund, Prime Super is a not-for-profit organisation that exists for the benefit of members. Its goal is to maximise retirement benefits for members by providing quality superannuation, retirement, education and financial services.
Prime Super is also proud to partner with a number of community organisations and local industry groups, including Lifeline Australia, Excellence in Aged Care Awards, Regional Achievement and Community Awards, Australian Rural Leadership Foundation and much more.
If you’re considering top performing superannuation funds, check out the following table which contains details of the superannuation funds rated by Canstar. This table has been sorted by one-year performance (highest to lowest).
Please note that the performance information shown in the table is for the investment option used by Canstar in rating of the superannuation product.