Cover-More Travel Insurance
Compare Cover-More Travel Insurance policies
The table below displays a snapshot of Cover-More’s policies on Canstar’s database, sorted by Star Rating (highest to lowest). Please note the products and Star Ratings displayed are based on a couple travelling to the USA aged under 70.
What types of travel insurance does Cover-More Travel Insurance offer?
Cover-More offers both domestic and international travel insurance, with specialised policies for annual travellers, seniors, cruisers and skiers. It has two main policies – International Premium and International Medical only – both of which offer a range of benefits.
If you’re unsure as to which kind of travel insurance is most appropriate for you, or would like to better understand the differences between the different types of cover, check out our comprehensive guide on travel insurance.
What does Cover-More’s international travel insurance cover?
Cover-More’ International Premium policy will cover you for:
- Medical cover: Cover-More Premium offers unlimited medical, dental and hospital cover. You must provide a medical practitioner’s report confirming you’re unfit to travel.
- Loss/theft of personal items: Cover-More also covers the loss or theft of personal items, including trip delays or damage. It will pay up to $15,000 for various different items.
- Travel delays/cancellation: Cover-More does offer cancellation cover; however, you must add the amount of cover that best suits you. It offers up to $2,000 in additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions that may delay your trip.
- Rental car excess: If, as a result of an unexpected event, the rental vehicle you have hired is stolen or damaged during your journey, Cover-More will reimburse you for any non-refundable excess payable to the rental vehicle company of up to $6,000.
- 24/7 assistance: Cover-More Travel’s emergency worldwide assistance team is available 24 hours a day via phone.
- Lost or stolen documents: Cover-More will cover the cost involved in replacing important documents that have been lost or stolen.
Please note that exclusions may apply. For example, your medical cover may not pay claims for medical or dental treatment received in Australia, and it will only cover losses related pregnancy up to and including the twentieth week. Another example of an exclusion is not being covered for any delays caused by a natural disaster occurring before the start date of your insurance.
For more details about what is and isn’t covered, check out the Product Disclosure Statement on Cover-More’s website.
Yes, Cover-More’s comprehensive policy has unlimited cover for overseas medical and hospital expenses under the following circumstances:
- You need medical assistance for an unexpected illness
- You’re seriously injured in an accident
- You need to be evacuated for an unexpected injury
As always, various conditions and exclusions will apply. It’s highly unlikely that you will be covered if the injury you suffer is classified as a ‘pre-existing condition’, for example.
For more information on whether you’re covered or not, read Cover-More Travel Insurance’s Product Disclosure Statement.
Yes, Cover-More will cover you up to a certain amount for replacing or reimbursing luggage and personal effects that are lost, stolen or damaged while travelling.
Under Cover-More’s comprehensive policy, up to $15,000 worth of your belongings will be covered. Cover-More will also cover:
- The cost of essential medication if its lost or destroyed
- Up to $750 per item for essential items
- $4,000 per item for laptops, tablets, cameras, etc.
Again, there are exclusions that come with Cover-More Travel Insurance’s policies. For personal items and jewellery, you must specify them before applying, and all items must be approved by Cover-More; otherwise they will not be covered. Ensure you check the PDS to find out more about what items and luggage are and aren’t covered.
If you’re not sure what to do when your luggage goes missing, check out our guide on travel mishaps and how to avoid them.
Yes, Cover-More Travel Insurance will cover up to a certain amount for lost deposits and cancellation fees for pre-paid travel arrangements due to unforeseen circumstances outside the traveller’s control on a policy.
Depending on the policy you decide to take out, you can receive cover if your journey was cancelled or delayed, with additional travel and accommodation due to strikes, natural disasters, riots or other severe weather conditions.
Read the Product Disclosure Statement for more information on the various exclusions that may apply.
You can purchase a Cover-More Travel Insurance policy by first comparing your options with Canstar and then generating a quote online. All you need to list is your personal details (age, length of trip, address, etc.), your pre-existing conditions and your choice of cover:
There are three ways you can lodge a claim with Cover-More, including:
- Calling its claims line on 1300 36 26 44 and talking to one of its qualified customer service representatives
- Submitting a claim form online via its claims portal
- Posting a claims form to:
Cover-More Travel Insurance
Private Bag 913
North Sydney NSW 2059
Make sure you have the following documents (and details) ready:
- Policy number
- Personal details
- Supporting documentation (flight details, itinerary, receipts, etc.)
- Bank account details
Cover-More has been covering travel-hungry Australians for over 30 years, insuring up to 7.3 million consumers.
All of Cover-More’s policies have been underwritten by Zurich Insurance Group, and it has strong global relationships to provide worldwide support for its policy holders.
Cover-More Premium International
USA2017 Star Ratings Report