St. George Bank Home Loans
Loan Options: What St. George home loans offer
The inclusions below represent a selection of the features available with a standard Variable Rate home loan of $350,000 for an owner-occupier. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please see our comparison tables for more details information about products on offer from this provider.
Additional conditions may apply to different features. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current loan terms and conditions for the product you are considering.
Variable home loan features
- Offset facility available.
- Redraw facility available.
- Split loan facility available.
- Additional repayments allowed at any time at no extra cost.
- Repayment holiday available for up to 12 months.
- Interest only repayments available for up to 15 years.
- Repayments may be made weekly, fortnightly, or monthly.
About St. George
St. George is best known as the bank with the dragon logo.
They were founded in 1937 in the suburbs of Southern Sydney as a co-operative building society. They achieved full banking status in July 1992 and now have over 2.6 million customers in Australia.
In 2008, St. George became part of the Westpac Group.
St. George provides Disaster Relief Packages for affected customers, such as after the 2016 bushfires in Western Australia.
How St. George supports the community
- Children’s health: The St. George Foundation was founded in 1989 to enhance quality of life for Aussie kids. To date, more than $15 million has been distributed to Australian children’s charities.
- Sponsorship: St. George sponsors Sydney’s Open Air cinema, the Illawarra Dragons, and the Queensland Reds.
- Charitable giving: St. George has a gift-matching program, and employees receive one day a year to volunteer for a worthy cause and can also be involved as a mentor through NGOs and social enterprises.
How St. George supports the environment
- St. George employees can access interest free loans of up to $4,000 per year to purchase and install environmentally-friendly modifications such as solar hot water systems and energy-efficient appliances.
- Participating in Earth Hour each year.
Written by: TJ Ryan