HCF Travel Insurance
Information correct at 21/09/16.
“More for members.”
Policy Options: What HCF travel insurance covers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
- Personal liability: Covers up to $3 million.
- Overseas hospital: Unlimited cover (Comprehensive) or up to $10 million (Elements).
- Overseas dental: Unlimited cover (Comprehensive) or up to $10 million (Elements). Dental expenses due to acute and sudden pain are covered up to $1,000 only.
- Medical evacuation/repatriation: Unlimited cover (Comprehensive) or up to $10 million (Elements).
- Travel delay: Covers up to $2,000.
- Cancellation fee: Unlimited cover (Comprehensive) or up to $10,000 (Elements). Sublimit of $2,000 for travel agent cancellation fee.
- Luggage/baggage and personal effects: Covers up to $12,000 (Comprehensive) or $3,000 (Elements). Sublimits apply for different types of personal items, e.g. covers up to $300 or $6,000 for laptops.
- Rental vehicle excess: Covers up to $5,000. (Comprehensive only)
- Accidental death: Covers up to $25,000 (Comprehensive only).
- 24-hour helpline.
- One simple $100 excess per event for Elements budget cover.
- Personal liability: Covers up to $300,000.
- Medical expenses on a cruise: Covers up to $50,000.
- Dental expenses on a cruise: Covers up to $1,000.
- Evacuation/repatriation: Covers up to $10,000.
- Emergency costs: Covers up to $10,000 for emergency travel and accommodation.
- Travel delay: $500
- Cancellation fee: Covers up to $10,000. Sublimit of $2,000 for travel agent cancellation fees.
- Luggage/baggage and personal effects: Covers up to $4,000. Sublimits apply for different types of personal items, e.g. covers up to $1,000 for laptops.
- Rental vehicle excess: Covers up to $3,000.
- Accidental death: Covers up to $10,000.
- 24-hour helpline.
Annual Multi-Trip Policy
- Designed for frequent travellers.
- Personal liability: Covers up to $2.5 million.
- Comprehensive cover for 12 months, for trips up to 60 days long.
- Covers international and domestic travel.
Domestic Cancellation Only Policy
- Covers medical, cancellation and additional expenses, loss or theft of luggage, and rental vehicle insurance excess.
- Only available for domestic travel within Australia.
HCF was founded in 1932 during the Great Depression, and is the oldest of the ‘Big Four’ Australian health funds. More than 80 years on, HCF is one of the only remaining not-for-profit funds.
HCF members receive some great benefits:
- Free & Fit: HCF health fund members get free overseas travel insurance!
- Free health checks: Free heart checks from the Victor Chang Cardiac Research Institute, at HCF branches in NSW, QLD, VIC, SA, and the ACT.
- My Global Specialist: Get a second opinion on your doctor’s suggested diagnosis or treatment plan, from a world leading specialist doctor in that field, based on your full medical record. App available on the App Store and Google Play.
- My Health Guardian: Healthy living program to lose weight and get fit, or for dealing with chronic conditions.
- HCF Mobile App: Make claims, check remaining limits on extras, find your nearest hospital or dentist, and update membership details. Available on the App Store and Google Play.
- HCF EYECARE App: A set of screening tools to help you assess your vision. Available on the App Store and Google Play.
- Fit & Well Magazine: Available in an app (App Store and Google Play) or delivered to your door.
- HCF Dental Centres – find one near you, even in regional areas.
- HCF Eye Care Centres – find one near you.
Check out HCF’s TV ad for their 2015 sign-up bonus offers – it’s hilarious.
How HCF supports the community
- HCF Research Foundation: A charitable trust that provides research grants for health research and improvements to healthcare in Australia. $50 million since Foundation was established in 2000.
How HCF supports the environment
- Minimises and offsets water usage.
- Minimises and offsets energy consumption.
- Minimises and offsets use of paper and other resources.
- Manages disposal of clinical waste from HCF Dental Centres to comply with environmental standards.