First State Super
Written by: TJ Ryan
“First and foremost for you.”
What First State Super offers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
First State Super Personal
- 12 managed funds available
- 1 free investment switch per year.
- Life insurance, TPD insurance, and income protection insurance available within super.
- Online access to account details
- Financial advice available.
About First State Super
First State Super was established in 1992 as a not-for-profit Australian superannuation fund for NSW government employees. From 2006, First State Super opened their doors to anyone from the public who wants to join. They now have more than 750,000 members and are one of Australia’s largest superannuation funds.
Insurance provided within super with First State Super is issued by TAL Life for personal and employer-sponsored members’ life insurance and Police Blue Ribbon life insurance, and Zurich Australia for ambulance officers’ life insurance.
First State Super have created two important services for supporting Australians. First they started the Student Club, partnering with Student Edge to provide discounts and other support services for students. They also run the Women and Super website to help women gain better control over their financial future.
How First State Super supports the community
- First State Super offers socially responsible investment options that takes into consideration whether and to what extent companies are engaged in activities such as gambling and tobacco. You can view the makeup of their socially responsible share investment options here.
How First State Super supports the environment
- First State Super offers environmentally friendly investment options that take into consideration whether and to what extent companies are engaged in activities such as fossil fuels mining and production and uranium mining. You can view their environmentally responsible share investment options here.