Written by: TJ Ryan
“Be inspired and #GetMoving with BT.”
What BT superannuation offers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
BT Super For Life
- 5 managed fund investment options available. Unlimited free investment switches.
- Life insurance, TPD insurance, and income protection insurance available within super.
- Online access to account details
- Financial advice available.
BT was founded in 1969 as the Bankers Trust to help Australians create and manage wealth, as the Australian subsidiary of the Bankers Trust Company of New York. Today, BT is part of the BT Financial Group, which is the wealth management arm of The Westpac Group.
BT also has a mobile app for its customers, and the Panorama app for its financial advisers. Their Adviser View website allows customers to search for financial advisers in particular locations and areas of expertise, and give reviews of the advice experience they receive.
How BT supports the community
- Partnering with the School for Social Entrepreneurs Incubator (SSE)to run a mentorship training program for Australia’s emerging social entrepreneurs.
- Created the Stella Network in 2013 to support women to become financial planning advisers.
- Partnering with It Gets Better Australia, a non-profit organisation that helps LGBTI youth cope with harassment and discrimination relating to their sexuality.
- Runway For Success fundraising and donating clothing to Fitted For Work, a not-for-profit organisation that helps disadvantaged women to get a job and keep it, from providing clothes for a job interview to helping them “prepare for the best” and build a career to provide for her family.
How BT supports the environment
- Reporting on carbon footprint.
- Creating and managing sustainable superannuation products to help you align your social and environmental goals with your investment goals.