Bingle Car Insurance
“As simple as it sounds.”
Policy Options: What Bingle car insurance covers
The inclusions below represent a selection of what is covered. Additional conditions may apply to different features. CANSTAR is not making any suggestion or recommendation to you about this product. Please ensure that you read the product disclosure statement to determine all the current policy options and inclusions for the product you are considering.
- Liability cover for damage to other people’s vehicles and property up to $20 million.
- Cover for loss or damage to your car caused by driving accident, nature (e.g. storm, hail, or fire), or an event such as theft or malicious damage, up to agreed value. Agreed value may be reduced to market value during claim assessment.
- Cover for emergency repairs, travel to your next destination or your home, and emergency accommodation.
- Lifetime guarantee on repairs, even after you sell the car. Bingle uses the Suncorp Group’s S.M.A.R.T repair centres in many cities.
- Covers the reasonable costs of towing and storage of vehicle after accident.
- Permanently fitted modifications, accessories, or options are covered.
- Optional cover for no-excess windscreen and window glass repair.
- Optional Keep Mobile cover for hire car after theft or accident, with Copycat Cover to cover the hire car or replacement car while car is being repaired or recovered. If hire car is not available, $50/day is provided to help make your own travel arrangements until the claim is settled.
Third Party Property Damage
- Liability cover for accidental damage to other people’s vehicles or property up to $20 million.
- Liability cover for damage to other people’s property caused by a trailer or caravan attached to your car.
- Replacement car is covered for up to 14 days automatically before new policy must be bought.
Exclusions for all policies
- Loss or damage caused by allowing the car to be driven after an incident, unless you couldn’t reasonably have known that would cause further damage.
- Liability cover for damage to other people’s property, and cover for loss or damage to your car, caused by a driver who is unlicensed or breaking the law.
- Liability cover for damage to other people’s property, caused by a driver who has stolen your car.
- Loss or damage caused by using the car for a purpose it was not designed for (e.g. my Hyundai Getz is not designed for drag-racing).
- Loss or damage caused by driving the car in a competition or rally.
- Loss or damage caused by using your car for hire in exchange for money. (But carpooling and ride sharing are)
- Mechanical or electrical breakdown or failure of your car.
- Trailer or caravan or anything else your car is towing.
- Loss or damage caused by wear and tear.
- Loss or damage caused by using the wrong type of fuel.
- Replacement of more than the damaged part, e.g. if one alloy wheel is broken, only that one will be replaced.
Policy Benefits: Why choose Bingle
- Competitive renewal cost: Bingle says their customers who renewed in 2014 paid 7% less on average than in 2013.
- Online claims: Bingle lets you make a claim online or via the mobile app, and they also have a 24/7 phone helpline for claims. You can track your repair progress and claim status online or in the app.
- Repairs: Lifetime guarantee on repairs.
- Reward claim-free drivers: Bingle offers a saving of 16% on your premium if you haven’t caused “a bingle” in the past 3 years.
- Additional drivers: Policy is still valid if the driver in the accident is not a nominated driver listed on the policy. However, a higher excess will apply if the driver regularly uses your car or is a member of your household. Learner drivers will not pay the higher excess, unless they are driving without a listed driver in the front passenger seat.
Bingle was founded in 2007 by the Suncorp Group, to provide no-fuss, low-cost, car insurance for safe drivers.
They keep their premiums cheap by doing everything online, from quotes to claims to customer service. They also don’t insure risky sports cars and extensive modifications, making premiums cheaper for their drivers.
Bingle’s hilarious ads illustrate that getting a quote for their car insurance is so easy you can do it while riding two horses on the beach, playing the flute to a dancing crab, or being sawn in half as a magician’s assistant. Even Joni the chimpanzee can do it, while sky diving.
At the time of writing, they offer a discount of up to 16% for those who haven’t caused “a bingle” in the past 3 years.
How Bingle supports the community
- Footy: Bingle is a major sponsor of the Richmond Football Club – the Richmond Tigers.
- Road safety: Parent company Suncorp runs the Must-Have Safer Queensland Roads education and awareness program to improve road safety in Queensland.
- Sun safety: Parent company Suncorp runs SunWise program to educate public about sun safety and skin cancer risks.
- Marathons: Parent company Suncorp promotes a fit and healthy Australia by sponsoring the Blackmores Sydney Running Festival, Gold Coast Airport Marathon, and the Sunday Mail Suncorp Bank Bridge to Brisbane.
- Disability: Parent company Suncorp supports Youngcare so young people with a disability can have a fulfilling life with other young people in age-appropriate care.
- Community: Parent company Suncorp runs the Brighter Futures Giving Program to give over 60 grants per year to charities, individuals, or organisations nominated by employees.
Written by: TJ Ryan
Bingle was a winner of “Outstanding Value” car insurance in multiple categories in 2016. See which categories Bingle was awarded a 5 Star “Outstanding Value” here.